Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Shorter Tournament and then Cash Game

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pinball

Flush
Reaction score
Okay I suggest that we plan the meet up in early 2019. We can meet at my home and play some poker. It would be nice if everyone would bring his chips sets.

For food and drinks we can order something or go to some restaurants.

what do you think?

kk405

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I suggest that we plan the meet up in early 2019. We can meet at my home and play some poker. It would be nice if everyone would bring his chips sets.

For food and drinks we can order something or go to some restaurants.

what do you think?
How about September? chilly, nice, but not too freakin cold. (y) :thumbsup: Some of us might fly from the states. :p The U.S. guys play PLO very very poorly :bigbucks:..and then insist we switch back to NLH so we can recover 10% of our losses ;). 2019, who knows, we may not even be alive! :eek:

ovo

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Are you going to have all this delicious swiss chocolate lying around ?

MrWitti

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
If the event gets too big to host at your place I could check if we can rent a table or two at our local poker club

Nex

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted - merely 335 kilometers from Munich.
But... for German proportions everything in Switzerland is very expensive, and I'd also have to pay toll for the highway. I'll have to see.

Also, since Switzerland doesn't belong to the EU (but to Schengen though) -- are there any limits on how much in valuables one may bring when crossing the border? Money I can simply pull from some local ATM, sure, but if you bring an expensive chip set?

MrWitti

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Money is 10k Euro IIRC but goods are 300 Euro only. As well dont drive a car thats not registered on you, that could become a very expensive surprise if customs want to make your life difficult...

Nex

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So basically can't bring any quality chip set, duh.
The car thing is no prob.

Edit: Okay so I found this... of course no explicit mention of poker chips but this ruling would be applicable to it in my eyes. I'm taking them back home when I leave the country?

Last edited:

Zuan

Two Pair
Reaction score
Ok - so I was not on here for a while - apologies - would we be playing poker or looking at poker sets?

To get this started: I say we fix 12 January 2019 - start play at 10:00am (that is more than enough tim e to arrive from Germany) and play NHL tourney - make the buy-in 50CHF (depending on the EURO exchange rate 45Euros). Starting stacks insane enough to last all day - well depending on the number of players.

Location we would probably have to determine once we have an exact number - this who offered to host - what are your general locations - no need for an exact address on the inter webs - just cities would be nice to know. Food and drinks we'll just add a table of fee of 20 CHF that will be enough to order pizza or the host can buy food or we run to a local COOP and get stuff.

Pinball

Flush
Reaction score
Hi all

12th would be fine for me.

I can organise a room in Dietikon. Enough space for two or three tables.

I prefer cash game over tourney esp. NHL simply because when you are out at 11:00 you might wait hours for the cash game.

I recommend a short tourney followed by cash game (H.O.R.S.E) all day (and night) long.

Pinball

MrWitti

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hope not selfdealing. I would only play H.O. and fold the R.S.E :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Why not both, start a tourney and knocked out can do a CG.

Reactions: Nex

Nex

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with @MrWitti, short-ish tournament with cash game started by the tournament KOs sounds good. Prefer NLHE. Would maybe play a bit of PLO but not the whole time.

Date seems to be doable for me.

5aces

Flush
Reaction score
I should check holiday plans and talk to my wife about winter holiday in Swiss.

Would this event be for one day? Any hotels near by? Got a nice poker room? Chips? Buy in’s?
Need some pron or motivation for the 640km. :)
F4D1FB84-1473-4314-99B6-4CD1EBBD6292.jpeg

Top Bottom