PCF Poker Table Toppers - Order Thread #3 - CLOSED (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer, I appreciate the hard work put in by Tommy, but was really counting on my topper covering my 3'x6' table...how do you fight a huge Chinese manufacturing company?

If I understand correctly. If I chose that I want a rectangular mat, my cost would only be for shipping? I would still receive my original order and then get a second mat for $33ish? If this is the case, then yes, I want a rectangular mat. Thanks

Yea. Not sure how the company can basically say "Just accept what we sent you."??? What if the mats were square but with the wrong logo? Would folks here be OK with that? I mean, you have a poker mat right? Who cares if it's not exactly what you ordered. It's close enough. If you want really want the one you ordered, then fork out another $40. Not blaming @Tommy for this fuckup, but also not happy with any of the resolutions offered so far. :mad:

Right. Typically when you order anything that requires shipping, and the company gets the order wrong, they send you a return label, and then send out the correct item. All shipping paid by them, and not another dime required by the purchaser. That's pretty standard business practices, and is what I usually expect.

Since this was a custom order item, returns are pretty much not applicable, what are they going to do with mats that have some custom logo on them? Not much. Plus return shipping would be prohibitive considering the international factor, and likely cost them more than it did to produce the mats.

But they should still be on the hook for re-doing the mats correctly, and also covering shipping to the US. We can't expect them to cover the final leg of shipping to every individual, so that would definitely need to be covered by the group.

I've never heard of anyone being required to cover shipping a second time, to fix a mistake made by the company. That just sounds unreasonable to me. Nobody on our side made the gross error.

@Tommy If I stop by and pick up my original mat at your place on my way home from OBX, could I save the re-shipping cost of the new mat?

Last edited:
I got my mat today! They look amazing and are really thick! Thanks again for running this!

Finally read through the thread and didn't remember that they were rectangular. Will add my vote the poll now.

My carrying case arrived today, and USPS says the mat is in Orlando so it should be here tomorrow.

giphy.gif

I'll respond to the poll when I see the mat, but my answer will likely be "I'll take one for shipping if it doesn't prevent someone else from getting one."

Opened mine today, very nice quality but I'm definitely in the rectangle camp, hopefully these guys make this right.

The challenge is that while the error was made by the supplier, they're in China and there is little to nothing that can be done if they just turn around and say "take a hike". Yes, they may lose potential future business from one customer but that's probably worth less than the cost of correcting their mistake.

I believe we are at the mercy of their good will...

The challenge is that while the error was made by the supplier, they're in China and there is little to nothing that can be done if they just turn around and say "take a hike". Yes, they may lose potential future business from one customer but that's probably worth less than the cost of correcting their mistake.

I believe we are at the mercy of their good will...
While I agree. But consider this is order #3 and this order was 120 pieces (think the other two combined were less) so they see increasing orders each time. Maybe not with great frequency, but doesn’t mean it couldn’t increase. Not to mention we still have various other shapes and sizes to order (square, round, oval [although ordering that after this would be interesting]). They don’t know that @Tommy isn’t overly excited about running all these potential orders but they should want to make him at least try.

No, the manufacturer ships them. They may or may not make the replacement mats free of charge. I need to get them a hard number of replacements. Then they will decide if they will. I would have liked them to say, "yes we will remake all the mats and ship them to you free of charge" but unfortunately they are not.

Yes, all shipping fees would have to be paid again.

I’m not sure how to respond to the poll after reading this. I’d be okay with getting replacement mats for free (excluding shipping), but I’m not prepared to pay even a deeply discounted price for them.

I’d prefer a partial refund, but I voted ‘yes’ in the poll based on the available options.

I bought 2 mats, and would be willing to change my vote(s) to ‘no’ if it helps those that really want rectangular mats get theirs made.

@Tommy could you add a partial refund option to the poll? I don't think anyone would be upset if more people wanted rectangular ones at a discounted rate but adding the third option would let us know if more people preferred trying to get a partial refund.

If it is more popular but the company won’t issue a refund, no big deal, you could still try for a discount on rectangular ones (and vice versa).

I agree with the partial refund option. As stated already, it doesn't make any sense, to me, to have to spend more money to receive some sort of compensation for their mistake? Because of my location, it was ~$90 for this topper and I, like most, was expecting a rectangular one to actually cover a table. Of course this is directed as a response to the company that made them, not Tommy, who did another great service by running this group buy for us.

Last edited:
Tommy,

Whatever you come up with will be fine. If offered the rectangle for cost of shipping, I'll take it.

Sorry your running into issues.

Damn I missed the poll. For some reason this thread didn't show any action on my bell icon. I'd be in the would like rectangle boat

Being a newbie to the forum I missed the original opportunity to get in on this order. I would be interested in buying one of the oval toppers from someone if/when they get a replacement rectangular one. Heck, I would also be interested in getting a rectangular one as well, as I have both types of tables. Prefer to buy from someone on the West Coast/PNW or Western Canada to limit any additional shipping costs (I live in BC, but have a shipping address in Sumas Wa). PM me if interested.

Being a newbie to the forum I missed the original opportunity to get in on this order. I would be interested in buying one of the oval toppers from someone if/when they get a replacement rectangular one. Heck, I would also be interested in getting a rectangular one as well, as I have both types of tables. Prefer to buy from someone on the West Coast/PNW or Western Canada to limit any additional shipping costs (I live in BC, but have a shipping address in Sumas Wa). PM me if interested.

PM sent!

Got mine thanks @Tommy . Split my order with someone but now I forget who... :banghead: if you split with me and see this pm me. In the meantime I’ll be searching my PMs from the last 3 months :(

721CB29A-DFE8-442A-A6F1-13C2D6AECD2C.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom