PCF is a PWA (2 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
pwa.jpg

A progressive web app allows users to install PCF to their device. (many devices supported)

pwa-s1.png
pcf-pwa-s2.png
pcf-pwa-s3.png

This style of webapp, I believe, is supported on both iOS and Android. On Android, using chrome, go to PCF's homepage and then select Chrome's menu -> Add to Home Screen. This will install PCF as an "app" on your phone and it will be listed along with other apps.

Cool - but then I lose the refresh page ability. And yes I know you can scroll to the top and pull down to refresh, but if I'm at the bottom of a thread and want to refresh, I can't without scrolling to the top again. Unless I'm missing something?

This style of webapp, I believe, is supported on both iOS and Android. On Android, using chrome, go to PCF's homepage and then select Chrome's menu -> Add to Home Screen. This will install PCF as an "app" on your phone and it will be listed along with other apps.
iOS looks like the same thing but doing the steps through Safari.
120393AC-64E8-4571-BCFE-D742CB967ABB.png

Unfortunately, it also opens it up in Safari and not Chrome so I’ll have to see if I can change that.
Pretty cool to see PCF shortcut on the home screen though!
64839D0B-A110-4770-A691-63C236C507E2.jpeg

@FordPickup92 - it's still kinda chrome, but it looks more like a self-contained app. It's really just PCF in chrome with all of the extra-chromey-ness stripped out.

@arch3r correct - I don't believe you can easily refresh in this mode without pulling down from the top. Also, you lose "tabs" when you open multiple notifications.

@FordPickup92 - it's still kinda chrome, but it looks more like a self-contained app. It's really just PCF in chrome with all of the extra-chromey-ness stripped out.

@arch3r correct - I don't believe you can easily refresh in this mode without pulling down from the top. Also, you lose "tabs" when you open multiple notifications.
Then I'll just stay viewing in chrome. Oh well. Still cool though.

au contraire. I have recently installed an app that won't let me access PCF during the day from my phone. Now I can actually play with my kids instead of just refreshing classifieds all day.

I just unsubscribed from the classifieds altogether to accomplish the same goal about a month ago. Life is grand. I even got to dust off the guitar with my daughter a few times this month!

I just unsubscribed from the classifieds altogether to accomplish the same goal about a month ago. Life is grand. I even got to dust off the guitar with my daughter a few times this month!
must be a nice feeling when you don't feel the need to keep acquiring chips. I hope to get there one day....

I unsubscribed from the classifieds too a few months ago. I miss out on things, but upon reflection I usually didn’t need it anyway. :bigbucks:

Oh and @Tommy the new laugh reaction graphic is great!
97E86057-F0BD-4FF1-A312-44A485887FC9.jpeg

This doesn’t really work as expected in the iphone. I do get a shortcut to open the site in Safari, but it isn’t a full-screen app and most times it opens PCF in a new tab and so over time I end up with a ton of PCF tabs.

This doesn’t really work as expected in the iphone. I do get a shortcut to open the site in Safari, but it isn’t a full-screen app and most times it opens PCF in a new tab and so over time I end up with a ton of PCF tabs.
I bought an iPhone 12 last week. My first iPhone. I hated it. So, I returned it. Life is better now. YMMV. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom