PCF in ATX - 12-14 Jan 2023 (2 Viewers)

Breich

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we're about 2 months out. I'll be sending out more specific meetup information this weekend, including recommended hotels and all that. On the same note, I'll be looking for concrete yes/no on the existing list so we can go through the wait-list sooner rather than later, as necessary. When I send out the PM, please be candid if you can't make it, giving waitlisters the opportunity to make travel plans. Totally looking forward to the event!

Lil Tuna

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we're about 2 months out. I'll be sending out more specific meetup information this weekend, including recommended hotels and all that. On the same note, I'll be looking for concrete yes/no on the existing list so we can go through the wait-list sooner rather than later, as necessary. When I send out the PM, please be candid if you can't make it, giving waitlisters the opportunity to make travel plans. Totally looking forward to the event!
@Breich,

Literally got the news last night that there’s a good chance I’m going to be furloughed starting 12/4/22 through 3/4/23.
If I do happen to miss the cut and remain working, it will leave me in an “on call” position.

Because of these circumstances, it’s probably better for now that I give my seat to someone on the waitlist. I had plans to attend the Alaska meet up in March also that it looks like I’ll have to scrap as well.

I was really looking forward to getting down to your meet up and sorry that it’s unfortunate bad timing for me at the current moment. I didn’t see this coming.

Go ahead and give my seat to Craig.

Goldfish

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This meet up looks awesome just for the food alone. Add in a degen big boy table, even better. I hope to see many pics and videos!

Breich

Two Pair
Reaction score
you mean meat up?
r/missedPuns

I just updated the base post with :tup: s for confirmed players. I do not think I'll have as many locals as I initially suspected, but I do still have a few people to reach out to. On Dec 1 I will start freeing up some of those locals spots for people on the waitlist.

Breich

Two Pair
Reaction score
bad news on the kegerator front, the triple heads are crazy expensive from the last time I looked at them. But the 2-head ones are reasonable. so we can get 2 1/6th kegs or one full one. open to selection suggestions--I think I gotta stick with electric jellyfish because it's a horse tranquilizer of an IPA and also an austin staple (even though I really don't drink it). I've shied away from wheats/tripels of late so I may go pilsner-style for the 2nd keg. thoughts???

andrebttx

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bad news on the kegerator front, the triple heads are crazy expensive from the last time I looked at them. But the 2-head ones are reasonable. so we can get 2 1/6th kegs or one full one. open to selection suggestions--I think I gotta stick with electric jellyfish because it's a horse tranquilizer of an IPA and also an austin staple (even though I really don't drink it). I've shied away from wheats/tripels of late so I may go pilsner-style for the 2nd keg. thoughts???

Pearl Snap is a super safe Austin staple IMO. Very broadly popular, good for mass consumption.

TX_Golf_N_Poker

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a two tap kegerator that's been sitting empty since the last time I brewed over two years ago. Unfortunately it's set up for soda kegs which are used more in homebrewing. I can check as I think there is an adapter available for Sanke kegs. And I drive a truck, so would not be hard for me to bring it, if we can get the connections worked out.

CptainCanuck

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dosomething.jpg

Breich

Two Pair
Reaction score
Non update:

Everything still on track. Got a couple of the locals to commit. Will be picking up the TV for the poker room + the kegerator this week.

I got one of those poker mats in from the group buy for the board game table. It came out fantastic and will look great with the table. Pics to follow!

Also I can't find my poker hoodie. Does anyone have a hoodie/covering for a 5' circular table?

TX_Golf_N_Poker

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a two tap kegerator that's been sitting empty since the last time I brewed over two years ago. Unfortunately it's set up for soda kegs which are used more in homebrewing. I can check as I think there is an adapter available for Sanke kegs. And I drive a truck, so would not be hard for me to bring it, if we can get the connections worked out.
I'm not having any luck with this, and my schedule keeps getting more and more booked up... :(

TX_Golf_N_Poker

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus bourbon, rye, Leonardritas, palomas...

I'm concerned there may not be enough to drink this weekend.
Yeah, it's funny because I have just gone off the whiskey deep end myself in the past two months or so... Somehow I suspect we will survive.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom