PCF "Community" ? (1 Viewer)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta love PCF in 2020! You can avoid eBay fees and sell within the "PCF community".

How? Well, you offer, say, two of something -- e.g., racks of chips -- for some price, shipped .

But you also offer them separately at half that price + $50 each, shipped.

So for an extra SFRB at $8.30 (or padded envelope at $8.40), a sheet of printer paper, a few strips of tape, and five minutes of your time, you get an extra $100!

Man, my time is worthless, and I've got printer paper up the wazoo. I've gotta sell all my Vineyards by the rack to get some of this easy money for my retirement... :eek:

I feel like I'm missing the backstory here, but by the sounds of it that's a good thing. I hope that everything works out when all is said and done :)

Gotta love PCF in 2020! You can avoid eBay fees and sell within the "PCF community".

How? Well, you offer, say, two of something -- e.g., racks of chips -- for some price, shipped .

But you also offer them separately at half that price + $50 each, shipped.

So for an extra SFRB at $8.30 (or padded envelope at $8.40), a sheet of printer paper, a few strips of tape, and five minutes of your time, you get an extra $100!

Man, my time is worthless, and I've got printer paper up the wazoo. I've gotta sell all my Vineyards by the rack to get some of this easy money for my retirement... :eek:
Yeah but isn’t it nice to be mostly done with picking chips up and dealing with this? Some of us started recently and we deal with a lot more fun stuff.

Idk what the issue is concerning, but I’m fairly certain the time is near when I’ll be done hosting giveaways and all sales will be via auction.

Last edited:
1594494306740.jpeg

I love BTP ... The colors are just so delicious. But I'll probably never own any because they are prohibitively expensive. And that sucks. And now I'm sad.

But I have no problem for people selling them for that price, even if it means that I don't get any. If they sell, wow, that's great. If not, lower the price and try again. As long as the chips are represented accurately.

As far as the discount when buying 2... Again, hurts buyers like me, but it could be a risk to the seller to break sets/racks up sometimes. Perhaps not in the BTP post above. Still, as a seller, they want to unload them, so a slight discount for both is nothing to make me angry.

Edit: maybe I'm too nice because the people on here have been so awesome. I need @FordPickup92 to start bullying me again in pre-sales threads so I toughen up a bit...

Larry, how is it different than this recent sales thread where you praised the prices? Dollar for dollar it’s a bigger per rack “markup” than the one you’re calling out... lot discounts on per rack prices have been commonplace for many years in the hobby, as surely you’re aware :D

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/harbor-lights-100s-2-racks-reduced.57029/#post-1117399
The difference is that either:
  • he really likes one set and detests the other, or
  • he likes the first seller, but not the second seller, or
  • he covets the second set of chips and is pissed that they are priced 'too high' for his liking, or
  • he's getting old and totally forgot about his previous post (making this one seem very hypocritical), or
  • he's a grumpy old man who just likes to yell at clouds.
I'll leave it to @BarrieJ3 to run the pool.

• he covets the second set of chips and is pissed that they are priced 'too high' for his liking, or
  • he's getting old and totally forgot about his previous post (making this one seem very hypocritical), or
Ooooo I misread, happy to run the pool. That’s gonna be like 3 pools for this week and pokerrrr2. Much more gambling then pre Covid.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I'm drunk and was confused. Barrie, put everything on clouds....

Doubt it. He causes confusion whether directly or just by being mentioned by others.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom