PCF "Community" ? (2 Viewers)

Thanks for this. I'm drunk and was confused. Barrie, put everything on clouds....
Wait, I thought @BarrieJ3 only causes confusion ... can he clear it up too?
Idk what’s happening here anymore, but it will probably result in me owing someone money.

Fu** it all, I’m rolling with @pltrgyst (even if he didn’t sell me the Mardi Gras). Pour some Calvados and I’ll come yell at some clouds with you. Texas sun sucks compared to Florida sun.

You don't understand fair market value?
3BF5E836-E10D-4B17-8B16-72CA9BCCB5B6.gif

I look at as a volume discount trying to inspire a sale of all of them to move them quickly because he/she values their time. This is a very common sales practice in the US. I don’t look at it as an up charge fee.

IMHO as long as they are clear and up front about the prices and fees it’s a fair offer for sale.

Larry, how is it different than this recent sales thread where you praised the prices? Dollar for dollar it’s a bigger per rack “markup” than the one you’re calling out... lot discounts on per rack prices have been commonplace for many years in the hobby, as surely you’re aware

Well, I meant that particular endorsement to apply to the stated "lot" price -- it honestly never occurred to me than anyone would buy only one of those two racks in order to make a playable set.

But I don't consider it a percentage thing -- the difference when splitting a set should, IMO, be a matter of insuring the same ROI to the seller. The "community" aspect should cover a few minutes of extra effort in shipping to more than one buyer.

Reactions: ovo
Haven't been on PCF in a while, I basically stopped chipping - for many reasons, it's a lot different now than in the old CT days. I've been "lurking" around PCF a bit lately, think I will stop in more often. Threads like this one make me miss it!

Well, I meant that particular endorsement to apply to the stated "lot" price -- it honestly never occurred to me than anyone would buy only one of those two racks in order to make a playable set.

But I don't consider it a percentage thing -- the difference when splitting a set should, IMO, be a matter of insuring the same ROI to the seller. The "community" aspect should cover a few minutes of extra effort in shipping to more than one buyer.
It’s fair that you feel that way. But you started off the OP with “gotta love PCF in 2020!”.., and I’d wager that split pricing with a lower total “discount” for taking the lot has been going on since the early days of the blue wall. Not like it’s anything new.

The difference is that either:
  • he really likes one set and detests the other, or
  • he likes the first seller, but not the second seller, or
  • he covets the second set of chips and is pissed that they are priced 'too high' for his liking, or
  • he's getting old and totally forgot about his previous post (making this one seem very hypocritical), or
  • he's a grumpy old man who just likes to yell at clouds.
I'll leave it to @BarrieJ3 to run the pool.

1. Nope -- like, but don't love, both. Not interested in owning either.
2. Nope -- nothing about either seller. Both good guys, afaik.
3. Nope -- wouldn't take either as a gift (except to resell at a profit, if possible).
4. Nope -- see my previous post here. (but getting old, yeah, for sure).
5. Probably. We have so many goddamn clouds here on the FL west coast rolling in from the Gulf in late afternoon that they fuck up most of our sunsets.

Hard to trust @BarrieJ3 to run anything when we don't even know what country he's in from day to day. The man is slippery as an eel. :confused

Haven't been on PCF in a while, I basically stopped chipping - for many reasons, it's a lot different now than in the old CT days. I've been "lurking" around PCF a bit lately, think I will stop in more often. Threads like this one make me miss it!

One thing that hasn’t changed... @TheChipRoom has been on a tear.

Another thing that hasn’t changed... I seem to miss out on @TheChipRoom sales days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom