Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
protect_yourself.jpg

It has come to my attention that a member was recently scammed. The scammer responded to the member's Wanted Ad and offered to sell them chips. They gave a fake tracking number and then disappeared.

To protect yourself, PLEASE do not send PayPal Friends and Family payments to new members. (unless you are willing to take that risk) Checking a member's feedback score is a good place to start. If they have no feedback or very little, you can also ask for some references.

Sometimes a seller will reference their eBay account that has a good feedback rating. Having them send you a message on eBay to verify that is their account would be a good thing to do.

If the person requesting the money will only accept a PayPal Friends and Family payment (even after you offer to pay the PayPal fees for a Goods & Services PayPal payment), consider that a huge red flag and walk away from the deal.

Just a reminder bump. Be cautious of new users attempting to sell via PMs only. Please protect yourself and use a PayPal Goods and Services payment even if you are the one contacting them first.

I am bumping this thread as a reminder. Also, please be cautious when dealing in PMs and the Classifieds/Auctions. I see a few new accounts using proxies and false locations with mismatched data, suggesting they are not in the US. Some of these accounts were auto-rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom