Pcf appreciation thread (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I think we would all agree that it’s been less happy around here than usual and let’s not get into it here, but I’d like to just acknowledge how much I appreciate this forum and community and see if others want to do the same.

First up @thyechal very kindly offered to receive a group shipment from me and redistribute to 5 other members. I have had no prior interactions with thom, so what a legend really and it shows that as a community, largely we do look out for one another.

Not sure if this one is as much of a thanks , since it will impact my wallet, but @Tommy is running another large gb for the Pcf tourney set, which I’m very grateful to jump on given the great prices.

Cheers peeps

I think we would all agree that it’s been less happy around here than usual and let’s not get into it here, but I’d like to just acknowledge how much I appreciate this forum and community and see if others want to do the same.

First up @thyechal very kindly offered to receive a group shipment from me and redistribute to 5 other members. I have had no prior interactions with thom, so what a legend really and it shows that as a community, largely we do look out for one another.

Not sure if this one is as much of a thanks , since it will impact my wallet, but @Tommy is running another large gb for the Pcf tourney set, which I’m very grateful to jump on given the great prices.

Cheers peeps
I apreciate you,
You had my back on looking out for me on a posting and I Thankyou and apreciate it

I appreciate everybody that's helped me out with info, posted lots of good pr0n, said "hi", responded to any of my inane threads, and graciously accepted my feedback. I've been here just over 1 month, and I've already bought a beginner cash set from another member, learned to use the chip design tool, scoured eBay and craigslist for ads to post about, participated in a raffle, and invited to join a local home league. And I wouldn't have done any of this if the general membership wasn't friendly and inviting from the get-go.

98% of the members I have interacted with on this forum have been fantastic and are just like me - only interested in enhancing the experience of this bizarre hobby.

That’s an incredibly high percentage if you think about it. That means that a publicly available forum has only attracted a tiny fraction of bad apples.

I attribute it to us all being partially insane because no one understands the importance all this means to us haha.

I must have missed some drama on here recently - thankfully. Even as I clicked on the link to PCF I was thinking what a great job Tommy has done with this site and how completely irrelevant he made any previous forums. This is professionalism. Echoing the above sentiment about vast majority of interactions with people on here being excellent. The few people who have not met my standard get ignored and I take an odd pleasure in seeing the "comment posted by ignored member" notification in threads.

Thanks for all the support and thanks to Tommy for the great site!

....Even as I clicked on the link to PCF I was thinking what a great job Tommy has done with this site and how completely irrelevant he made any previous forums....Thanks for all the support and thanks to Tommy for the great site!

You know, this doesn't get said often enough, especially in contrast with the nickel-and-diming of our previous home.

Tommy puts in a ton of work upgrading and maintaining this site, and doesn't charge members anything -- not even a fee for classifieds, whose transaction total must be way, way up there.

And he still finds time to put together group buys and promotional activities, and other largely unappreciated efforts.

The volunteer moderators do a great job, too, overall, monitoring the considerable amount of daily traffic (except when they're censoring or censuring me. (n) :thumbsdown: )

I used to run one of the (pre-Google and Amazon) highest traffic Web sites with, at the time, the largest public image database in the world, and I can assure everyone that these efforts by such a small group of people are Herculean.

To all of the above, my thanks.

full

Ooh, those chips are tight! That hot-stamp is sweet! Where in Finland are these chips?

See, another great thing about this site!

@BNM Thanks! They are in Turku, located on the west coast. I do need to get a proper Coconut Club pr0n thread up at some point. (y) :thumbsup:

Guess this is the place to post this..

Big thanks to @bsdunbar1 for being so kind as to send me some delicious Omaha Steaks and some extras! I really appreciate the thought! Especially ones that taste like MeAt! :sneaky::D

So thanks again, Bill.

I appreciate your help @Quicksilver-75!
A relabel to get some Paulson's back into the fold is something I have been attempting for a long time. I just never had any direction to get the ball rolling - with your help that ball got rolling really fast.
I got some labels ordered from @Gear to get this party started and hopefully someday i'll post some pr0n.

I have only been a part of PCF for a few months now. While my bank account has gotten thinner my appreciation for the vast majority of members has gotten larger. Very well done by the people keeping this forum going. Lots of classy people here.
Big thanks to the Ellicott City crew for inviting me to sling chips.
@MikesDad
@krafticus

Cheers,
Joe

Yeah, thanks everyone for making me hate my Showdown chips and our poorly run home game!

;)

But truly, this community--and all the info, discussion, help, sharing, and especially the chip pr0n that comes with it-- is terrific! I've learned a ton, and had a lot fun doing so, in the last couple months. Thanks, all!

@BGinGA has copped the occasional bit of flak for his opinions, especially on the donkey forum.

Overall I’ve always found him to be extremely knowledgeable and very helpful, especially with the amount of set breakdown threads he continues to post helpful comments in, for what must be the thousandth time of asking.

He is currently helping me out with reshipment of some chips, to save me postal fees and even paid my share for a joint shipment we had, so that I could pay him back in one go, to save PayPal fees too.

I’ve always appreciated his posts and now I appreciate his generosity and community spirit. All in all, he is a great guy, so thanks very much Dave.

My pleasure, Mike.

Actually, it's all an elaborate ruse with a sinister backstory.......

@BGinGA has copped the occasional bit of flak for his opinions, especially on the donkey forum.

Overall I’ve always found him to be extremely knowledgeable and very helpful, especially with the amount of set breakdown threads he continues to post helpful comments in, for what must be the thousandth time of asking.

He is currently helping me out with reshipment of some chips, to save me postal fees and even paid my share for a joint shipment we had, so that I could pay him back in one go, to save PayPal fees too.

I’ve always appreciated his posts and now I appreciate his generosity and community spirit. All in all, he is a great guy, so thanks very much Dave.
@BGinGA is a contrarian jerk. Always bashing TRKs, RHCs, Milanos, other CC's besides PGI's, cheap plastics besides Poker Knights, most fantasy chips, and generally anything everyone else likes. :p

Totally kidding obviously. Dave has been my involuntary chip mentor since I began almost 3 years ago. Whenever you need anything, he is always the first to help, even if he tells you something you don't want to hear. The chip collecting community is better because of him, and I hope to sit at a table with him someday.

HUGE THANK YOU to @Burke!!!

Burke was playing poker with the Seeking Alpha crew a couple weeks ago when my wife became ill requiring me to take her to the emergency room. I let the crew play on. Burke texted me when I was in the ER to see how she was doing and ask if there was anything we needed.

Well...I was going to have to drive half way across town to pick my son up from work, and then go back to the E.R. But instead, Burke drove to my son's work, picked him up, and safely returned him home for me.

YOU ROCK!! THANKS!!

I want to send a quick shout out to @colter ripton for selling a bunch of chips recently at very affordable prices (look it up if you don't believe me). He isn't the stereotypical forum "nice guy" who does things to harvest likes, is kinda fucked in the head (which is why we get along), but always goes out of his way to help people. His generosity was pretty much the main reason I came back to PCF after a hiatus, and I am grateful for that.

Cheers to a good ass dude. Thanks Colter!

I want to send a quick shout out to @colter ripton for selling a bunch of chips recently at very affordable prices (look it up if you don't believe me). He isn't the stereotypical forum "nice guy" who does things to harvest likes, is kinda fucked in the head (which is why we get along), but always goes out of his way to help people. His generosity was pretty much the main reason I came back to PCF after a hiatus, and I am grateful for that.

Cheers to a good ass dude. Thanks Colter!

i'l second this. I've had a few transactions with him that were phenomenal

Thanks

20181215_115339.jpg

I cannot say enough good things about all the encounters and interactions I’ve had in my 2 years here. I’ll probably jinx it, but I don’t have a single bad story/experience to tell. (I do see some negative posts obviously and that is a shame).

I think many PCFers do good deeds and want to remain anonymous.

BUT!!, to folks like @gopherblue and @AWenger , ...I KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I SAW WHAT YOU DID. So a big shoutout to you for making PCF a great place.

Thanks.

Special shout out to @detroitdad .

I talk to Bill quite a bit and he’s just such a great guy to chat with...chips, designs, life, whatever. I always enjoy our exchanges.

But the main point of this post is to bring attention to something that he did this past week for me. @bsdunbar1 received his ClubD CPC chips and offered up a limited number of sample sets for sale. Bill was able to grab a set and then noticed that I was too late and missed out. He knows that I love to collect sample custom sets so what did he do? He contacted @bsdunbar1 (another great Bill btw), paid for them and had him send his sample set to me completely out of the kindness of his heart...such a really cool gesture on his part and I really appreciated it. Thank you sir.

Oh and btw, @bsdunbar1 those chips are amazing and the color combos are so perfect on every chip. :tup:

And another separate thank you to @bsdunbar1 and @detroitdad for picking up my sample chip/accessory order for whats going to be some sweet custom ceramic Parks and Rec set. Thanks guys.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom