PCA Secondary CPC base chip colors (2 Viewers)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Hi,

I really like the PCA secondary colors and am torn between buying a cash set or making customs from CPC with the colors. The PCAs would have resale value and the customs would not so that is weighing on my decision. I dont have a CPC color set - would anyone be able to help me understand the matching base colors:

$.50 - looks like CPC dayglow pink with dayglow yellow and blurple spots - dayglow pink or normal pink?
$1 - looks like CPC white with green and light chocolate spots - "normal" white or bright white?
$5 - looks like CPC mandarin red with blue and light blue spots - mandarin red or ???
$25 - looks like CPC light green with canary and dayglow tiger - "light green" or dayglow green?
$100 - looks like CPC black with dayglow arc yellow and retro red

Thanks!

CPC PCA customs.png

Your 50c and $100 mockups are of the PCA primary chips, not the secondaries.

CPC colors do not match up very well with Paulson colors -- most are not bright enough (especially the weighted colors). Use dayglo colors if possible, but some PCA colors simply don't have CPC equivalents (like Metallic Gold spot on the $1 chip, or Indian Blue base on the $25)..

Looks good but I would probably just use pink, not dayglo, for the frac.

Also, you have mocked up a PCA primary $100 while the rest are PCA secondary.
This would be closest to the secondary you could probably do.
47b91ccc-0a86-4490-bc7e-34490a3c4acb.png

And don't forget the secondary $500!
b073aed1-8ff1-4d4d-8f2d-16722cf1bc0d.png

Your 50c and $100 mockups are of the PCA primary chips, not the secondaries.

CPC colors do not match up very well with Paulson colors -- most are not bright enough (especially the weighted colors). Use dayglo colors if possible, but some PCA colors simply don't have CPC equivalents (like Metallic Gold spot on the $1 chip, or Indian Blue base on the $25)..

The .50 is the secondary (primarys were shades of green and purple).

A few tweaks:

1583502031668.png

I think the frac, $1 and $5 would get you close (can't replicate the gold on the $1), but there's now way to replicate the PCA $25 with CPC colors, it's just a ridiculously bright chip that almost glows neon in person.

edit to add CPC colors to pic

Last edited:
Blaze Orange spots on the $25, and Blaze Orange base on the $500. Best CPC color for attempting to replicate either is Dayglo Tiger.

I've got access to some PCA's and a current CPC colour sample. I'll see what I can do over the weekend.

My take of CPC PCAs, a combination of primary and secondary, with a few personal tweaks

PCA CPC.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom