PCA quarter options (1 Viewer)

arch3r

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I want to add a quarter to my PCA set. I acquired a rack of both the yellow and the blue hot stamped and they look great. But I also have a few racks of Orleans Buy-in chips that I thought would look good as well so I had @Gear make me up some samples so I could see how they'd look. And they look GREAT!

I had samples make with the apple and gear inlays. I am leaning towards the apple since it's closer in style to the lower denominations. Thinking I'll use the gear inlay to make a $1000 chip. Thoughts?

IMG_20170629_114037.jpg
IMG_20170629_114059.jpg

Completely agree - 1 vote for the apple on the Orleans for the quarter.

To me its more ideal to use the blue of the PCA 25c, also depends on your budget, I think a hot stamped TH&C Blue solid would be an effective and economical option.

One dissent here. I'd go for the hotstamp quarter, and I probably like hotstamps less than anyone around. With one exception -- the Paris 1s -- that light blue leaves me cold. Especially with washed out white spots. Gotta keep up with PCA's generally bold colors.

One dissent here. I'd go for the hotstamp quarter, and I probably like hotstamps less than anyone around. With one exception -- the Paris 1s -- that light blue leaves me cold. Especially with washed out white spots. Gotta keep up with PCA's generally bold colors.

That Paris $1 is nice and if I had a few rack of them sitting around, that would be a great choice.

IMG_20170630_125117.jpg

The blue PCA hot stamp is good too ( the same or almost the same blue as the Paris).

And if you want bold, that yellow hot stamp is bright and bold.

But I think I'm going to stick with the Orleans, unless something better falls into my lap, cheaply. And I'm sure I could easily sell the relabeled Orleans if that happens.

But I think I'm going to stick with the Orleans, unless something better falls into my lap, cheaply.
I think this is a fine choice for an affordable relabel option, and I think the notch probably works the best for the faux shape. Congrats!

I always loved my solid 25c apache chips, but having a third mold in the set always bugged me.

The Orleans looks great. I'd go with it.

My two cents:

No way in hell am I adding another RHC chip to an otherwise stellar lineup like the PCA secondaries (I've already dumped the RHC $1 for THC Aztar $1 secondaries with real shaped hub inlays).

If using the PCA 50c chip as-is isn't an option for your stakes, I'd just relabel it as a quarter and call it a day. If also doing a $1000 chip, use a scallop-shape label on a bright yellow spotted chip there, and go with the four-moon (apple) shape on the (relabeled 50c) quarter. I think the cog (gear) shape is too similar to the $500's wheel to be used on a $1000 chip.

The faux-shaped labels on RHC chips are too big to fit in with the smaller real shaped inlays on the rest of the set. Don't do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom