PCA nickels relabel project (1 Viewer)

Man I thought I combed the thread for that - thanks for the direct link!

@One Eyed Dollar,

How well is the bit holding up after milling that rack? Still sharp? I've got a 400 chip milling project in the works. Considering getting another one as a spare.

I made a little video if you want to see my process and my goofy jig with a bike clamp. Sorry it didn't focus on the chip very well at the end, but you get the idea.

Reminds me of the old Phil Hartman carpenter sketch! Good rig though. How are you controlling depth, does the press have built-in adjustable depth control?

Milled chip splash pot pron!

IMG_20180311_145200707.jpg

Gear offers milling services as well if you don't have the time and/or tools, or just don't want to do it yourself. Sounds like it would be an interested project to tackle in spare time though, it's just a lot of chips though, 2400 mills...

Yeah, I do not envy you for that project! I did 360 chips this weekend and I'm tired. I got to where I could mill 90-100 chips per hour. That doesn't include the labels.

Sweet sassy, I love those quarters!! Regret not picking up lucky darbys when I had the chance. Very inspirational thread, I gotta set up a rig like that someday, now.

Sweet sassy, I love those quarters!! Regret not picking up lucky darbys when I had the chance. Very inspirational thread, I gotta set up a rig like that someday, now.
Todd at the chip exchange still has some of those orange Lucky Derbys. I just ordered 2 racks. Can’t beat $45 a rack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom