PCA labor of love (1 Viewer)

Marhault

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
So I have a batch of PCA 1s that had labels glued on...that's right glued. I thought my tried and true goo gone would take care of them but no dice.

I've tried everything I have at my disposal. Oxyclean, tsp, goo gone, white vinegar, non-acetone nail polish remover, and several runs through my ultrasonic. None of them functioned better than the other. I did find that just soaking in hot water would soften the glue to the point where I could hold down the chip and vigorously rub the glue till it started to "crumble off" for lack of a better term.

And so my journey begins....

The chips still covered in glue before their soak.
20191204_192634.jpg

20191204_192640.jpg

In the middle of rubbing off the glue. It takes several minutes per chip with a soft cotton wash cloth.
20191204_193105.jpg

The finished results. Unfortunately the cleaning can't do much for the stained inlays that plague a lot of PCAs but the glue is gone...and so is the skin on my thumb.
20191204_192718.jpg

20191204_192746.jpg

I feel like this is fate trying to keep me from finishing my cash set but it's underestimating my determination. I'll save these chips from their glue filled graveyard. Some won't make the cut since I'm cherry picking the best ones but they'll eventually make someone happy!

Major major props to all your efforts. Hope they come clean and are able to join their siblings soon. These ones are lucky they found you!

I would have tossed the whole mess in the trash with the duct tape still on them lol. Good for you to have the determination to save them.
You can't toss PCAs in the trash! They're not making anymore of these!

Some of them are actually coming out quite nice. I bet half of them are in very good condition, the other half are very well loved.

Try a straight edged razor blade maybe to scrape the stubborn glue off? Good luck!

Such nice chips, what was it Krazy Glue? Usually Goo Gone will do it, that stuff is poison. Hopefully, you don't have too much $ into them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom