PayPal Issues (1 Viewer)

hdgeno

Full House
Reaction score
For the last year or so I've been having some issues receiving money via PayPal from US buyers. It seems as though the only way it works is sending me money via credit card, which is crap because of the extra (large) fees that PayPal charges for that method of payment. Any other Canadians running into this, or do I have something wrong at my end? I'd appreciate any help, as this is causing buyers and myself stress while trying to complete simple transactions.

no issues for me. That seems weird. Maybe go in and check your settings n stuff?

I receive USD and CAD all the time.

Yeah it's never been a problem until the last while. I don't really even know where to look for settings that might be causing this.

It may be your settings under Payment Recieving Preferences. Make sure you have checked “Allow payments in a currency I do not hold, Yes and convert them to xxxxx (mine says US dollars)”. Probably set to “No” now.

It may be your settings under Payment Recieving Preferences. Make sure you have checked “Allow payments in a currency I do not hold, Yes and convert them to xxxxx (mine says US dollars)”. Probably set to “No” now.

Thanks, I've updated that setting and I guess I'll know the next time I sell something.

For my own information, where is that setting in Paypal? In my settings, there are no settings related to "Payment Receiving Preferences".

Under selling tools, click seller preferences, scroll down to block payments and click update. It will then bring up the screen where you can change that setting. I have changed that setting (mine was set to "Ask me" but it never did ask when buyers were trying to send payment).

Under selling tools, click seller preferences, scroll down to block payments and click update. It will then bring up the screen where you can change that setting. I have changed that setting (mine was set to "Ask me" but it never did ask when buyers were trying to send payment).

(y) :thumbsup: Thanks!

Good grief, PayPal is driving me nuts. Just the other day I was able to access my selling tools on Paypal and now I can't. Why is that service so hard to use? I've just spent 20 minutes trying to locate that to no avail.

Good grief, PayPal is driving me nuts. Just the other day I was able to access my selling tools on Paypal and now I can't. Why is that service so hard to use? I've just spent 20 minutes trying to locate that to no avail.
At the risk of being a broken record...Paypal is antiquated trash.

At the risk of being a broken record...Paypal is antiquated trash.

I am starting to get that, but it's all I know and it's always been fine until lately. What would you recommend as an alternative? You're from Canada too so that helps, as we both know it has to be something that works for both Canadian and USA money sent and received

I am starting to get that, but it's all I know and it's always been fine until lately. What would you recommend as an alternative? You're from Canada too so that helps, as we both know it has to be something that works for both Canadian and USA money sent and received

e transfer is a perfect solution for within Canada. I am not familiar with a good solution that works for all of North America.

Venmo is not available to Canadians but I hear it works well.

Bitcoin has the functionality we require but the currency is volatile.

Sorry I dont have any real solution.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom