PayPal Identity Confirmation- Canada (1 Viewer)

BeesKnees

Two Pair
Reaction score
I had tried sending out a payment yesterday and I received a message from PayPal saying that I would have to confirm my identity before I could proceed with any other action on my account.

When I called their customer help center (in the U.S.) they told me that it is because of new Canadian legislation. Apparently once you hit a certain spending limit (I had spent around $1200 CDN in the last month) this comes into effect, but will eventually be required for all Canadians.

The paperwork they are asking for is one financial document (bank, credit, mortgage statement) and one address verification (water bill, power bill etc..) and once these documents are received it will take 2-3 business days for them to confirm everything.

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Not me. I made a single transaction last week of just over US$1900 without problems. Maybe because there's a very large amount of activity in my account of late (i.e. the past 6 months).

Hasn't happened to me. I am really close to just bailing on PP altogether though. I only use PP for PCF.

Yeah, I had it happen to me back in October when I tried making a larger purchase... sent them the documents and everything was back to normal in about a day. Note, I had only opened my PP account about a month prior to that.

I've never had this happen to me and I've been using PayPal for a multitude of online purchases for 2 decades now.

The only trouble I have with it now is sending direct payments from PayPal when trying to have items shipped to my US PO box as my account is linked to my Canadian bank and address. Luckily, I was able to circumvent this through eBay and Amazon so paypal now does have my US shipping addresses.

FYI, apparently is also happens when you try to send money to Canada.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom