Paypal/CC fee increases (1 Viewer)

I'm glad I own envelopes, stamps, and checks, so when I pay David for my purchases, it's cheap and easy. Of the last four stamps I've used for anything, I'm pretty sure three went to David.
What are these stamps and checks that you speak of? LOL.

I had to write a check recently and it was weird. Had to think about it for a second.

For international wire transfers, be it USA or Asia, I always use revolut. Last USD payment was some $3.80 for an amount of short over a $1.000. No IBAN needed, just account and ACH numbers.
I never found better exchange rates and can just exchange to the currency needed.
From what i read, they now have US business accounts available as well and applied for a bank chapter, currently they still partner with Metro Commercial.
Maybe you want to check them out.

For international wire transfers, be it USA or Asia, I always use revolut. Last USD payment was some $3.80 for an amount of short over a $1.000. No IBAN needed, just account and ACH numbers.
I never found better exchange rates and can just exchange to the currency needed.
From what i read, they now have US business accounts available as well and applied for a bank chapter, currently they still partner with Metro Commercial.
Maybe you want to check them out.
Agree, revolut is a great option. You should look into that for international transactions, @David Spragg. It's British as well so you might be familiar with it already. It definitely has the lowest exchange rates and fees I've seen.

Agree, revolut is a great option. You should look into that for international transactions, @David Spragg. It's British as well so you might be familiar with it already. It definitely has the lowest exchange rates and fees I've seen.
@David Spragg would you be able to confirm if Revolut is accepted? Just so happens I know someone with a Revolut account.

What are these stamps and checks that you speak of? LOL.

I had to write a check recently and it was weird. Had to think about it for a second.

It’s crazy, but checks are one of the most cost efficient ways to conduct business. You just pay in time.

My business only accepts checks and certain bank to bank transactions like Zelle and Chase Quickpay to avoid fees.

Wise was super convenient to go from AUS to CAD, direct to my bank account. No fees on my end.

You have to be careful how you handle your surcharges as well. I've been out of the game for a while but if you're office accepting payments in the US is based out of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma or Texas you can't add a surcharge or convenience fee for a credit card transaction. Most merchants get around it by just raising prices.

You have to be careful how you handle your surcharges as well. I've been out of the game for a while but if you're office accepting payments in the US is based out of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma or Texas you can't add a surcharge or convenience fee for a credit card transaction. Most merchants get around it by just raising prices.
Gas stations in New York get around this by not charging MORE for a credit card, but charging LESS when you use cash. :rolleyes:

It’s all a racket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom