Paying with a credit card? (1 Viewer)

warewulf

Full House
Reaction score
So with my luck, the second I pay off my credit card with most of my cash, I end up spending hundreds on chips with no money. If I use Paypal Personal (formerly F&F), they pretty much rape you with fees. The bank charges a cash advance fee, Paypal fees, etc.

Is there a widely used payment site that is better if you're using a credit card? I've used Venmo and Zelle, but usually with cash.

You can use goods and services just add an extra 3-4% to cover the sellers fees.

exactly this. You get added protection as well if the chips don’t show up for some reason as well.

but the finance charge of carrying the CC balance is going to be a lot more $$$ in the long run. I’d advise against buying something frivolous like poker chips on a CC if you don’t have the money to pay it off when the bill comes. The chips will cost a lot more by the time the bill is paid off.

Last edited:
exactly this. You get added protection as well if the chips don’t show up for some reason as well.

but the finance charge of carrying the CC balance is going to be a lot more $$$ in the long run. I’d advise again buying something frivolous like poker chips on a CC if you don’t have the money to pay it off when the bill comes. The chips will cost a lot more by the time the bill is paid off.

Sounds like that might be better than using 'personal' and not have the cash advance charges.

Not something I normally would want to do, but if the right set pops up (Protege) and I don't have cash on hand, I'm going to buy them regardless. Usually I'm selling something else to cover the cost, so probably only have a balance for a month or two.

A little bit of liquidity goes a long way…

Sometimes I do, sometimes not. Between a few expensive hobbies, (Jeep, Poker, Poker chips) there may be times when I don't have money on hand and have to snap call a set of chips before someone else gets them. This is why I have a completely separate 'poker' bank account.

Crypto. The time is now.

The problem with crypto is getting the other person to accept it as payment. Still kind of shady. I was briefly using it to deposit money on America's Cardroom. Now BOA won't allow you to buy crypto, so I don't bother finding other ways to fund it. I figure if they will only accept crypto, must be shady.

The problem with crypto is getting the other person to accept it as payment. Still kind of shady. I was briefly using it to deposit money on America's Cardroom. Now BOA won't allow you to buy crypto, so I don't bother finding other ways to fund it. I figure if they will only accept crypto, must be shady.

I agree in that there isn't mass adoption on PCF yet. It isn't shady though. Crypto is the future whether we like it or not.

its a bit dense but this is good info.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom