Paulson Zodiac's - Value and Interest? (1 Viewer)

Ragman

High Hand
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a barely used set of 300 Paulson zodiac chips that I've had for many years. I've seen some posts on them in this forum from a while back, and I'm curious to know if it would be worth it to list them on here and what a fair price might be. I've got 150 Aries (green), 100 Taurus (orange) and 50 Scorpio (black). They've seen very little use and are clean and sharp with no visible wear. I don't know how to officially grade poker chips, but I'd call them "used, like new."

My hope would be to put whatever they might fetch toward a new set of china clays with custom labels or maybe a custom ceramic set.

Any guidance is appreciated. Here is a not so great picture of them:

20180708_223151.jpg

i had a little over 1000 of these way back in the day (timestamp of photo is from 2009). i dont remember exactly how much i sold them for or who i sold them to but i'm pretty sure they sold for less than $1 per (.80 maybe?). There just isnt a demand for these IMO

100_0326.JPG

Reactions: JWC
Four strikes against these:
1. Solids -- most folks want edge spots (personally I love solids)
2. Giant inlays - less chip visible, makes chips slipperier when handling/stacking
3. No denominations - flexible yes, but most want denoms to avoid the "what is this chip worth again?" question
4. Theme -- very very small group would want zodiac signs -- they would be popular in the 1960's & 70's though!

K9 did I buy them from you? I have about 3000 and for a couple of years was the only person buying them. They can go above 1 USD per chip - normally for certain colours and signs. Scorpio, Gemini a little more then the others. Virgo and Leo. Especially Leo.

K9 did I buy them from you? I have about 3000 and for a couple of years was the only person buying them. They can go above 1 USD per chip - normally for certain colours and signs. Scorpio, Gemini a little more then the others. Virgo and Leo. Especially Leo.

You might have. I have a terrible memory

@UKS - if you ever want any more, I know a guy who could make you a deal.

Thanks but I am selling off not buying more.

(Except a TRK set)

so... how'd you do with these if I may ask. I have a full set of about 500 I think and I have all the signs.

I have a set for sale in the classifieds right now that will probably be sold for a lot lower than I'm currently asking.

@mike32 thoughts on their value?
Maybe $1.25 each to the right person. I have 300 Virgo and 300 Aries that I acquired a few years ago on eBay from a guy who just called them roulette chips and they were cheap as I recall. I have interest in a rack of black or white or purple or something to make mine more playable, but not that much interest lol! Certain colors may demand $2 each, it seems like blue and black are more rare, and I always see lots of shades of green when these pop up.

Maybe $1.25 each to the right person. I have 300 Virgo and 300 Aries that I acquired a few years ago on eBay from a guy who just called them roulette chips and they were cheap as I recall. I have interest in a rack of black or white or purple or something to make mine more playable, but not that much interest lol! Certain colors may demand $2 each, it seems like blue and black are more rare, and I always see lots of shades of green when these pop up.
Could use a barrel of Aries. Just scooped a barrel of scorpios for $20 off Apache.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom