Paulson with CPC mixed set (1 Viewer)

Brushbroom

Pair
Reaction score
Ok so I’m fairly new around here and I did search my question but didn’t see anything that talked about my question. So without further ado here’s my question,

How you feel about having a mixed set of Paulson and CPC chips in a set? I ask because I have some super cool secondary jack 25s that will become my .25. My Cincinnati horseshoes $1s that will stay as $1, and I’m looking at getting some CPC level 1 custom $5 chip or using the house set of rounders $5. For my home cash game this will break down works. I know in the end it doesn’t matter to anyone but me but I thought I would get a poll from the group is all. Thanks y’all and have a a fine Navy day!

There are some pretty inexpensive Paulson $5s out there.

I do like the Cleveland horseshoe but they are a little pricey for my budget and all my Paulson are super sharp so jacks look a little more used. I know I’m being extra here lol.
You can find excellent Jack 5s I just sold a bunch.

There was a group buy of CPC FDL mold quarters to go with the Paulson Stardust Poker Mansion cash chips. They were great, everything was fine, everyone needs to calm down.

The feel is totally different and CPC is slightly thicker making stacks different. Though, if you have new $25’s and I assume your horseshoe Cincinnati $1’s are used, there should already be a difference.

17BCDD13-5C8E-4642-A06B-9AF4BE1CB8AE.jpeg

In a perfect world, I’d never mix CPC and Paulson in the same set.
In a less perfect world, but one I can still live in, I could see myself using CPC fracs with an otherwise all Paulson set.
But mixing CPCs with Paulsons like you’re describing? Sure, I could do it in a pinch, like if a game broke out that I wasn’t ready for. But planning it out as a set? No, I would not.
You could certainly do it, and none of your players would care. Most players will never be impressed with your chips, nor would they notice or care if one chip was on a different mold, much less made by a different manufacturer with a different process using different clay.
So, if you’re doing it for yourself, and you like it, great. If you’re doing it for your friends, you’re wasting your time because they won’t care. If you’re doing it for us, most of us won’t like it very much.

your game, your set, do whatever you want.

Personally I do not like mixing different molds in a set much less different companies.

In a perfect world, I’d never mix CPC and Paulson in the same set.
In a less perfect world, but one I can still live in, I could see myself using CPC fracs with an otherwise all Paulson set.
But mixing CPCs with Paulsons like you’re describing? Sure, I could do it in a pinch, like if a game broke out that I wasn’t ready for. But planning it out as a set? No, I would not.
You could certainly do it, and none of your players would care. Most players will never be impressed with your chips, nor would they notice or care if one chip was on a different mold, much less made by a different manufacturer with a different process using different clay.
So, if you’re doing it for yourself, and you like it, great. If you’re doing it for your friends, you’re wasting your time because they won’t care. If you’re doing it for us, most of us won’t like it very much.
Never a truer word said; most players won't notice or care so if it doesn't offend you, carry on!

Never a truer word said; most players won't notice or care so if it doesn't offend you, carry on!
Truth...I have different sets from Paulson, Bud Jones, CPC, etc. I made a friend a set out cheap CC’s and he swears they look and feel better than any set I have.

When I really boil it down, it just comes to the simple fact of, out of the Paulson 5 available right now(like today), I don’t really like them…oh and I’m super impatient lol. For what it worth this 400 chips I currently have are my first set of good chips. I have some ceramics and not one of my buddies get a good Gosh darn about them too lol. Well maybe I’ll just wait for the “right” 5 that tickles my fancy.

You can try for a mixed manufacturer set. You might find them just fine, you might find that they play so horribly together that you go out screaming into the streets to yell WHY WHY WHY while ripping all your clothes off. It's 50/50.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom