Paulson Srarburst (1 Viewer)

Vector777

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello, all. I've made the likely costly decision to add to my starburst set and have very limited info on available colors...would specifically want a cream/light tan. Is there a place where I can see the color spectrum available?

Thank you and happy Thanksgiving!

G

Shoo! All mine, mine mine!
shoo.gif

Welcome though. ;)

Ha! Thank you all and that is 100% the perfect link as first pic is the one I was dreaming of. If anyone is willing to sell the Almond ones...I'd be a very happy person

What is it about Starbursts. Is it because people then use labels on them? Just see they are popular and in demand and trying to educate myself a bit. And do the prices vary according to colour?

What is it about Starbursts. Is it because people then use labels on them? Just see they are popular and in demand and trying to educate myself a bit. And do the prices vary according to colour?
I don't think everyone labels them. There just seems to be something about the stamp that people find attractive.

Prices for sought after colors are usually higher.

I don't think everyone labels them. There just seems to be something about the stamp that people find attractive.

Prices for sought after colors are usually higher.
+1 from me on finding them attractive. They also tend to sell at a price point that’s difficult to match for chips of a similar brand/style.

Will have to get some now to see what all the fuss is about

Starbursts (not counting overstamps) look beautiful exactly as they are. The geometric pattern of the cancellation stamp is gorgeous. Labeling over them is a waste of a rare commodity, and murdering them is a sin.

Welcome @Vector777 to the frustrating and rewarding world of collecting starbursts! I have a barrel of almond myself; alas, I'm not willing to let them go - they're the first ones I ever got my hands on. :)

It's not been a great source of joy for me since the colors I am interested in are usually gone within 2 min. Alas, not trying to complete a rack is not an option, so here we are.

It's not been a great source of joy for me since the colors I am interested in are usually gone within 2 min. Alas, not trying to complete a rack is not an option, so here we are.
2min is better than 0min!

I was under the impression that starbursts were more difficult to label over.

Something about having to shave down some of the high points so the label will sit flush. Seems like a lot of additional work.

The are for sure very nice solids. I didn’t know they were high in the demand list. It’s good to know before starting something that might take years to finish. I assume the color palette was the same for starbursts as for general monogrammed solids.

1, THC mold
2. Leaded clay
3. Affordable
4. Flexible (non-denominated)

And yeah, reds whites and greens can be less than a buck apiece. The bright colors can sell for a whole lot more

Last edited:
I was under the impression that starbursts were more difficult to label over.

Something about having to shave down some of the high points so the label will sit flush. Seems like a lot of additional work.

You shouldn't label over a Starburst with a Gd-Ex condition hot stamp. You will see (and feel) the ridges and valleys of the hotstamp under the sticker, and the effect will be horrible. Preparing a Starburst for a label means murdering/milling unless the original hot stamp is worn away enough that the chip face looks and feels almost entirely smooth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom