Cancelled Paulson solids denoms 1, 5, 25, and 100 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceShot

Flush
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
297 Paulson solids for $297 shipped Conus. International will incur additional shipping fees.

100 - $1
100 - $5
47 - $25
50 - $100

5's and 100's are mint or near mint. The 25's were grimy so I cleaned them and should oil nicely. The 1's are mostly mint but some chips have light brown marks as shown in pics. Edges are nice and crisp.

Plan on selling as set since they are monogrammed.

20150614_172224.jpg
20150614_172208.jpg
20150614_172241.jpg

20150614_173533.jpg

Last edited:
The Bogle Old Vine zin is an acceptable daily drinker, but I'll take the monster Centine, please. :cool:
I literally lol'ed. Have you tried 3 girls? Another decent table wine. You'll have to buy some chips to see what I have in the wine fridge... although I did drink everything over 9 years old months ago.

Don't know 3 girls. We're kind of partial to the Bogle Phantom -- here in FL, Publix doles it out to their stores three bottles at a time. I keep buying them, three bottles at a time. Huge wine, great with lamb and beef.

We're not cabernet sauvignon drinkers, and don't drink too many CA wines, except for Ridge zins and a few Santa Barbara pinot noirs, notably Melville and Brewer-Clifton.

Don't know 3 girls. We're kind of partial to the Bogle Phantom -- here in FL, Publix doles it out to their stores three bottles at a time. I keep buying them, three bottles at a time. Huge wine, great with lamb and beef.

We're not cabernet sauvignon drinkers, and don't drink too many CA wines, except for Ridge zins and a few Santa Barbara pinot noirs, notably Melville and Brewer-Clifton.

Phantom is great! I have a couple bottles. I get it cost plus world market but they always run out quickly... Lodi has some decent ancient vine zins. Amador county and paso robles have some nice wines as well. Pedit verdot, cab franc, malbec. Thick full bodied wines... I like Pinot's from Washington.

I will have to try the wines you suggested. Can't say I remember having any of the wine from Santa Barbara, but it seems this whole state has converted to growing wine grapes. Farmers get more return per acre and the wine grapes do better when they struggle.

There is of course Napa and Sonoma. Napa comes with a heavy mark-up for the name. If you ever get the chance, try some of the wines from Mantanzas in Sonoma. Rutherford has a lot of nice wines.

Last edited:
I agree that there are a lot of nice wines from CA. But there are two downsides to CA wine, IMO: they're perpetually leading the pack toward increased alcohol content, and they're generally overpriced, compared to Spanish, Australian, NZ, South American, Austrian, and even non-Bordeaux, non-Burgundy French wines.

Malbecs -- especially French Cahors -- are undoubtedly our favorite red wines. Great, earthy juice.

The wine goes well w/ your "HAB" poker set.

HANG AND BANG!

I'm sorry, is that vulgar?

Everytime I see these monogrammed sets for sale, I try to make them work somehow.

The wine goes well w/ your "HAB" poker set.

HANG AND BANG!

I'm sorry, is that vulgar?

Everytime I see these monogrammed sets for sale, I try to make them work somehow.
Haha. I was trying to do the same... "Happy and Bald", but I have a full head of hair...

I agree that there are a lot of nice wines from CA. But there are two downsides to CA wine, IMO: they're perpetually leading the pack toward increased alcohol content, and they're generally overpriced, compared to Spanish, Australian, NZ, South American, Austrian, and even non-Bordeaux, non-Burgundy French wines.

Malbecs -- especially French Cahors -- are undoubtedly our favorite red wines. Great, earthy juice.
I have heard of others with the same complaints. Seems the same is true for craft brews as well. Higher alcohol content and higher prices. On the the other hand I do enjoy being able to get a wider variety of offerings locally as I can usually get a discount from the source.

Not yet. It's served better as a conversation piece :). If it doesn't sell I may keep it as a nice travel set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom