Paulson Racks and Mint Paulson Chips (2 Viewers)

karsus

Pair
Reaction score
I just picked up some Paulson racks 66.7mm racks for the Horseshoe Cinni set I recently purchased. It seems the the worn chips fit fairly well with varying degrees of play (still only fits 20 chips though), however; the mint (secondaries) I have, only fit 19. I can put get one of the primary chips into the barrel to fit 20, but then it is really tight. I would prefer not to damage my minty chips.

Should I just resign myself to only fitting in 19 chips and use a spacer of some sort, Squeeze in that 20th chip from the primary's I have? What does everyone else do?

No way I could force it in

(shameless out of context thread material)
20191001_152045.jpg

No way I could force it in
Interesting, I've had to squeeze a barrel of 20 mint RHC chips to get them to fit in a 66.7mm rack before, but not by jamming the last 1 chip into 19 in the barrel -- try holding all 20 chips lined up, squeeze chips between thumb and middle finger, and then insert into the rack -- the 'squeeze' flattened any slight warping on my chips. But I don't own any of the Cincy HS Secondary $25s pictured.

Things I would check:
Does it happen with all 5 barrels in the rack; does it happen with other 66.7 racks; does it happen with all barrels of the same chip?

Measure the rack with a ruler to see if it's exactly 66.7 mm clear in the barrel. Maybe the rack or the chips were made slightly thicker and the dimensions are off by a few tenths of a millimeter.

...try holding all 20 chips lined up, squeeze chips between thumb and middle finger, and then insert into the rack -- the 'squeeze' flattened any slight warping on my chips...
Yeah I have found that this works when trying to "squeeze" mint Paulsons into Paulson racks. Try inserting the barrel all at the same time or drop the 19 chips into the tray and then fit the last chip in the middle of the barrel (not the end).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom