SOLD Paulson Private Card Room hot-stamped non-denoms, 2 racks (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNano78

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Selling 2 racks of Paulson Private Card Room non-denominated yellow hot-stamps. These were acquired from ApachePokerChips as prize for defeating ChipTalker "imthatguy" in a live heads-up match circa 2009, which apparently is a story now lost to history. I've used these in 2 or 3 home cash games as a fractional in a mixed-mold cash set; if you can see any sign of wear on these chips, you have much better eyes than me! They're sharp-edged and like-new.

$200/rack.

All prices in USD, shipping not included.

Look for my other ads (there should be about 7 posted Superbowl weekend) if you want to combine shipping and/or make an offer on several lots.

Attachments

• IMG_6273(small).jpg
    IMG_6273(small).jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 640
  • iPhone8 1000.JPG
    iPhone8 1000.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 644
I hope I am wrong in which case I will know I am the asshole and delete this, but I am feeling a bit salty today and I am struggling to believe this. Congrats to Stavman if so. Either way anyone has the right to sell to whomever they like under whatever circumstances they like.

I’ll be honest. I've been looking for some yellow Paulsons to build a Cali set. I was late and made a pm offer over asking.

honestly I don’t care someone else can have them. I don’t need the pcf lynch mob after me.

I appreciate and respect the honesty even though I don’t like people snaking fair dibs. That’s all I will say about it. Everyone has the “right” to do whatever they want, but let’s be transparent about it.

I appreciate and respect the honesty even though I don’t like people snaking fair dibs. That’s all I will say about it. Everyone has the “right” to do whatever they want, but let’s be transparent about it.
Meh it is what it is.
I’m sure my offer was more in line with what the chips true value is.

Meh it is what it is.
I’m sure my offer was more in line with what the chips true value is.

If we are opening the door to this... something was offered for sale at a stated price. Another individual(s) agreed agreed to purchase at the stated price. Around here that typically means a pending transaction. You came in obviously knowing people had offered to purchase at the stated price but you wanted to circumvent them and privately offered a higher price. If you want to talk about “true value” then why not throw out a higher bid publicly? It is because you didn’t want give others the opportunity to counter your bid. I agreed to the stated terms. I had no opportunity to offer my fair valuation because I thought I was dealing fairly with the seller per their terms.

If we are opening the door to this... something was offered for sale at a stated price. Another individual(s) agreed agreed to purchase at the stated price. Around here that typically means a pending transaction. You came in obviously knowing people had offered to purchase at the stated price but you wanted to circumvent them and privately offered a higher price. If you want to talk about “true value” then why not throw out a higher bid publicly? It is because you didn’t want give others the opportunity to counter your bid. I agreed to the stated terms. I had no opportunity to offer my fair valuation because I thought I was dealing fairly with the seller per their terms.
He’s obviously selling the racks below current market value you know that I know that.
the seller can move the chips to whom ever over he likes.
I don’t care to debate anything. It’s a free market the sellers and buyers can do as they wish. That’s the bottom line.

He’s obviously selling the racks below current market value you know that I know that.
I don’t care to debate anything. It’s a free market the sellers and buyers can do as they wish. That’s the bottom line.

not for nothing, but there is already an avenue for selling to the highest bidder, and this listing wasn't it.

this is irrespective of the timing. if you were the first to offer to buy both racks, then by all means they should be yours.

PCF isn’t a marketplace. It’s a poker chip community that has a sales forum. I appreciate that. As I stated above anyone had the right to sell to whomever they like. It’s just good to know who I will choose to deal with in the future and who I choose not to deal with. Thank you for at least helping me with that.

not for nothing, but there is already an avenue for selling to the highest bidder, and this listing wasn't it.

this is irrespective of the timing. if you were the first to offer to buy both racks, then by all means they should be yours.

Either of the first two dibs who agreed to the sale terms would have been happy to take both racks if we knew that was the terms (which it wasn’t).

Last edited:
Ans either of the first two dibs who agreed to the sale terms would have been happy to take both racks of we knew that was the terms (which it wasn’t).

fair point, i'm just so used to "no splits" or "no splits until all are accounted for" being the default.

PCF isn’t a marketplace. It’s a poker chip community that has a sales forum. I appreciate that. As I stated above anyone had the right to sell to whomever they like. It’s just good to know who I will choose to deal with in the future and who I choose not to deal with. Thank you for at least helping me with that.
Agreed it is a community. I came in here admitted to agreeing to take both racks at higher price. You decided to take a shot in the first reply. So here we are.

It’s also a little more complicated than just “do what you want,” if we’re being technical here. If I offer to sell you something and you accept, that’s a contract. I sold too cheap isn’t a defense, and neither is I paid too much. And, for what it’s worth, getting in the middle of a sales contract like that risks civil liability too.

Most of that is usually completely unimportant because PCF is something of a community. Also, chips aren’t really worth suing over. But, still, once you make an unconditional offer and it’s accepted, it’s not as simple as “my chips, I do what I want.”

Regardless , the ball is in the seller’s court to make a choice. I think the right thing to do is to sell to me or to me and Eloe at the offered price. But I’m hardly unbiased, and it isn’t my decision.

It’s also a little more complicated than just “do what you want,” if we’re being technical here. If I offer to sell you something and you accept, that’s a contract. I sold too cheap isn’t a defense, and neither is I paid too much. And, for what it’s worth, getting in the middle of a sales contract like that risks civil liability too.

Most of that is usually completely unimportant because PCF is something of a community. Also, chips aren’t really worth suing over. But, still, once you make an unconditional offer and it’s accepted, it’s not as simple as “my chips, I do what I want.”
Look I actually felt bad about what I did. I could of just kept my mouth shut and got the chips I wanted. The pitch forks come out quick in this ‘community’.

Look I actually felt bad about what I did. I could of just kept my mouth shut and got the chips I wanted. The pitch forks come out quick in this ‘community’.

To be clear, I respect you being honest about it. And it isn’t like I’m going to sue over some poker chips.

just to be clear, i'm not pitchforking you. OP just unknowingly put himself in a tough spot, and I honestly feel for everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom