Paulson Plastic Cards (1 Viewer)

sleepypiggly

Straight
Reaction score
So I managed to get 2 decks of Paulson plastic cards. I didn't know they made them, but then I found an old press release that says Paulson started offering plastic cards in 2013.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...at-g2e-trade-show-in-las-vegas-224952192.html
  • Paulson Plastic Cards. Perfect for use on table games with a high level of card handling, Paulson plastic cards are available in both standard and bridge size and in single deck or two deck poker sets. Additionally, they offer the same customization options as both the Company's popular Paulson and Paulson PSV paper playing card products
They feel pretty plasticky. Thickness and general feel is like COPAG in my opinion. I think the Ace of spades is too simple, and the back design that says "Paulson Plastic Cards" is pretty cheesy.

I know they're not available commercially, and I only have these 2 decks. I opened one just to see what it's like. They are unused. Just thought I'd share some pics.

You would think they'd have their Tophat & Cane logo in there somewhere. Also, that joker is creepy!

Thanks for sharing!

JT

I know, kind of disappointing. They acquired some card makers like Gemaco. I'm not sure what's going on here, probably just an add-on, "me-too" kind of offering. Sell some blackjack tables, throw in some cards kind of thing.

But still interesting decks to have.

I'm guessing that the Gemaco plant is producing these. Any kind of manufacturing marks on the boxes?

I checked, there's only production stamp inside the box, says 02 ENE 2013 and some lettering & lot number I think. ENE is Spanish abbreviation for January I think, which would indicate that these are produced in Paulson's Mexico plant where they make the chips. I think Gemaco is based in Missouri.

There are 2 blank cards glued to the front and back of the box.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom