Paulson Classics - What is current value (1 Viewer)

Goldfish

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
A friend of mine (not a member) is interested in possibly selling his set of Paulson classics. He wants to know what they are worth. They are used, but the 5s, 25s, and 100s seem to be in pretty good shape (just need a bath). The 1s look a bit more worn. all u experts on classics, let me know your thoughts on current value. And, yes, I know “tree fiddy” is coming. I will say that these feel really nice - it’s a nice smooth buttery feel when u shuffle them. Thanks!
6FC019CC-5B93-48B0-9230-55779A18AAE7.jpeg

AA031399-42A7-4852-A19E-A270EBDD8F4A.jpeg

B8ED27C8-6FB4-4237-A707-6C10FF1FC331.jpeg

I couldn't see them going above $1-1.50/chip in that kind of condition.

Damn, I'd snatch that up at an instant if I spread a $2/$5 NL or a $5/$10 Limit game! Always loved Classics, despite what people say about the mold / inlay.

Not sure how these Classics compare to '05 CDIs, but I sold a small set of those for $2.50 per chip a month or two ago.

Larger sets like this one may need to priced even lower to move them.

Def less than $2/chip in used condition. $1s prolly $1 ea or so.

For those condition I'd say somewhere around $1.25-$1.50/chip is about right, maybe $1.75 for some of the better looking ones with the right buyer. If you asked me 6 months ago, maybe less but everything seems to be on the rise at the moment.

I've seen them go for $1.50-$3.00 depending on condition. Can you provide some up close pictures of the $1s? Edges look pretty good on the $5s and $25s, they just need a bath! :)

@Goldfish given that your friend is not a member of this PCF community, it seems your role is to help him get what you can out of his set. PCF just isn’t the place to get max price from 1,800 used Classics.

I've never sold a chip on eBay, but $2 a chip translates to $3,600. Even after fees, that's a lot more money for your friend. On eBay, he might get... tree fiddy :bigbucks:. On PCF, $1.50 to $2 seems a bit more likely.

Thanks to all that responded. I have what I need. I will talk to my friend. I think what I am gonna propose is the 5s, 25s and 100s at $2.25/chip plus shipping. If some buys the entire set they can have the 1s for free.

Six months ago, I would have pegged these at around $2 a chip. But prices for everything have been going crazy lately, and there have been many members looking for these chips lately, so competition is up. Even used, I would be surprised if you get less than $2.50 a chip in the current market frenzy.

Most recent examples within the past 3 months have $100-$1000 racks going for $300-$350 ($375-$450+ on eBay). Adjust for denoms and condition but I'd still be surprised if it was sub $2.50 save for maybe the $25s.

These chips sell pretty well, actually.
I would go as far as saying that you could probably average over $3/chip for them on eBay.
I also think you could get $4/chip and more, but then it's question of how patient you want to be with the sale.
One buyer might be willing to pay a premium for denoms that you don't have too many of (like the whites and blacks), but then will say, 'I don't need that many reds or greens.' - So you need to split it up, find multiple buyers, or just run a reverse-auction approach to the listing and practice some patience.
These chips were mainstream-enough in 'their day' that a lot on non-PCF people are happy setting their own prices on eBay; which tend to be a bit higher.
It's interesting because you could post a want-ad in the PCF classifieds and find someone who will sell them at $2/chip, depending on the denomination.
But they have sold higher than that regularly over the past year so you have a lot more financial flexibility than this forum will lead you to believe - we're like a small business that follows every transaction of air conditioner parts... We metaphorically know that a condenser is only $25 on Amazon... The guy in Florida who's air conditioner shut-down on an August Saturday - He doesn't know - He doesn't care - He's happy paying $350 to have the thing turn back on again.

I also never really understood why some Paulson fans light their torches and throw their pitchforks at a Paulson mold..
If this company let us order custom Paulson-mold chips - we'd be lighting fireworks with excitement..
So don't take too much weight with those threads - there are plenty of Paulson buyers out there who will pay a premium for classics..
Most people don't have the patience that we practice on this forum - They want the chips in their home as quickly as Amazon shipments and they're happy to pay extra to make that happen.
..Otherwise, they're haggling here on the poker chip forum

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom