• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Paulson Classics for $5 in Brooklyn, NY (1 Viewer)

Well if anyone here got them I would be interested in a rack or two of the $1s depending on condition.

I don't get why people post these. If you don't want them, just pm a couple locals. Now it is very likley that noone will get them for a decent price.

People tend to figure out that they listed something too cheap when they get 100 messages in 5 minutes.
Would you rather I have bought them myself and flipped them here for a profit?

I honestly have no use for the chips and didn't know of anyone that was looking for them. If I knew someone was looking for Classics, local or not, I would have PM'ed them and showed them the link. I'm only trying to pass along a nice deal for something I have no use for.

I see where this is going. Can someone lock this since the listing is down?

Would you rather I have bought them myself and flipped them here for a profit?

I honestly have no use for the chips and didn't know of anyone that was looking for them. If I knew someone was looking for Classics, local or not, I would have PM'ed them and showed them the link. I'm only trying to pass along a nice deal for something I have no use for.

I see where this is going. Can someone lock this since the listing is down?

I understand that the intent was good. Not trying to be a dick or say anything bad about you. But pming someone is actually a much better way to get a deal for someone else.

It's not hard to find people looking for certain chips. Just use the search function. 3 out of the first 4 results for classica were wanted adds.

What these adds usually do is make about 100 people pm the seller and offer more and more for them and then they end up on eBay or something. Hopefully that was not the case here and someone got themselves a good deal.

I understand that the intent was good. Not trying to be a dick or say anything bad about you. But pming someone is actually a much better way to get a deal for someone else.

It's not hard to find people looking for certain chips. Just use the search function. 3 out of the first 4 results for classica were wanted adds.

What these adds usually do is make about 100 people pm the seller and offer more and more for them and then they end up on eBay or something. Hopefully that was not the case here and someone got themselves a good deal.
I should have just run a search, I will admit that. I usually try to go by memory for these things, but I suppose I haven't been paying as close attention as I used to.

I have no idea about how many chips are actually in this case. Maybe a rack each of the low denoms and 50 each of the higher, with a few $500's sprinkled in? Not an entire set by any means but a nice start for someone to start or top off their set. I just hope that whoever got them will use them and not flip them here :)

Is it really so wrong to let a couple thousand dollars stay in the pocket of the person who actually owns it, rather than gifting free money to someone you know on PCF?

Is it really so wrong to let a couple thousand dollars stay in the pocket of the person who actually owns it, rather than gifting free money to someone you know on PCF?
Fair point. But look at the haphazard way the chips are sitting in the photo. No care at all.

If the seller has no regard and no motivation to assess the value of their own things, why should anyone go out of their way to pay them more than they're asking?

Reading the ad, they were just going to throw them out.

I'm not going to begrudge someone for flipping these. It is what it is. It's just how chipping is these days.

IMHO the classics are butt ugly. But if they eventually find their way in the hands of someone who actually likes them then I see no problem. Whoever eventually buys them will pay a price that they feel is fair, otherwise they won't buy them.

I don't get why people post these. If you don't want them, just pm a couple locals. Now it is very likley that noone will get them for a decent price.

People tend to figure out that they listed something too cheap when they get 100 messages in 5 minutes.
It’s a form of self gratification. They claim they are not doing it for themselves and are doing it for others, but that is just a smokescreen to cover up the emotional reward they get when it gets attention. It’s sort of like how people post things on social media designed to elicit responses, and then go back repeatedly to see how many “likes” their post received. I saw an interview with a psychologist a while back that explained it better, but I forgot all the exact terms they used.

It’s a form of self gratification. They claim they are not doing it for themselves and are doing it for others, but that is just a smokescreen to cover up the emotional reward they get when it gets attention. It’s sort of like how people post things on social media designed to elicit responses, and then go back repeatedly to see how many “likes” their post received. I saw an interview with a psychologist a while back that explained it better, but I forgot all the exact terms they used.
The last thing I need and did this for was attention.

I'm a believer in community and figured that this would be nice for someone to start a set or right size an existing set.

Why have this subfoum if you exclaim that people posting good deals in it are doing it only for attention? This place has gone off the fucking deep end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom