Wanted Paulson Chips for Chinese Poker (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi all,

We've been playing Open Face Chinese Poker for a while and I'd like to make counting points easier, while still playing with chips (because writing down the score would be boring and not allow you to taunt your friends after going to fantasy land).

I need a set for 4 players, each with a starting stack of 100 points (=$).

Therefore, I am looking for some Paulsons (good shape, no giant inlays), with the following break down:

60x $1
80x $5
10x $25

If someone has some suggestions or offers, I'd be happy to chat!

Thanks and best regards from Switzerland,
Reto

You may have to buy full racks of the $1s and $5s, but this should be easily doable. Just keep an eye on the classifieds. I think I saw a rack of $1s that's already in Europe. Shipping from the US might be as much as the cost of the chips, so a Euro buy will save some money.

There are lots of reasonably priced chips around in these denominations from recent Chip Room sales. Jack Cincinnati for less than $1 per chip comes to mind.

Why not just get 400 of one color chip and make them non-denomination OFC chips (gear labels). Then u can make 100 chips worth whatever you want……..

we used to play a lot of ofc. We have since moved in to shut the box…….

I approached it in 2 different ways:

1-2 racks of singles or non denom per player for 100 and 200 point games.

1 rack of $1’s-$5’s-$25’s split up to cover 200 total points
I’ve been looking at a relabel of $1, $2, and $6 increments. May do a $3 instead of the $2.
The $6 for scoops or large payouts and the others to adjust incrementally.

Racks of roulettes are the way to go here. 1 rack per player. Different colours are fun because you can see where the chips are moving from player to player.

Why not just get 400 of one color chip and make them non-denomination OFC chips (gear labels). Then u can make 100 chips worth whatever you want……..

we used to play a lot of ofc. We have since moved in to shut the box…….
Just did this with the $25 Aztar MOs, since I have 400 of them ... might actually be easier to just have one denom

Racks of roulettes are the way to go here. 1 rack per player. Different colours are fun because you can see where the chips are moving from player to player.

That is a really cool idea actually - will look into this option!

I think the OP's breakdown is great! I'd rather toss a one and a five for a $6 payment than a single $6 chip. But I can see the appeal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom