Paulson 5c/25c Fracs (1 Viewer)

BigB2014

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my current cash game set to Paulson's, for which I need 5c and 25c fracs.

I was going to order a set of Monacos from ApachePokerChips but unfortunately they don't currently have enough fracs in stock at the moment.

I've been browsing plenty of other chip sets but the vast majority don't seem to have any 5c or 25c available.

Am I out of luck for now or am I missing something obvious?

246D0B3A-3711-4161-929F-4383F28AC227.jpeg

Milled the nickels and labeled. Paulson nickels basically don’t exist, have to make your own.

I'm looking to upgrade my current cash game set to Paulson's, for which I need 5c and 25c fracs.

I was going to order a set of Monacos from ApachePokerChips but unfortunately they don't currently have enough fracs in stock at the moment.

I've been browsing plenty of other chip sets but the vast majority don't seem to have any 5c or 25c available.

Best not to mix China Clays and Paulsons.

There seem to be a fair amount of solid colour THC hot stamps on sale at any one time in the Classifieds. Find enough of two colours that go with your set, get them milled (or do it yourself), and get custom art-matched labels for them.

Feel free to PM me if you have difficulty finding something you need - perhaps I can give you some pointers.

Other than milling and/or relabeling, I think the standard procedure would be to use a T5 (almost always red), a Starburst or other non denominated alternative that fits in terms of colour, mold, etc.

Depending on your needs, hotstamped T5 tourney chips could make cool nickels, provided they won’t often be on the table with red 5’s. Look for fuchsia Copa 5’s.

Best not to mix China Clays and Paulsons.

There seem to be a fair amount of solid colour THC hot stamps on sale at any one time in the Classifieds. Find enough of two colours that go with your set, get them milled (or do it yourself), and get custom art-matched labels for them.

Feel free to PM me if you have difficulty finding something you need - perhaps I can give you some pointers.

Thanks for all the advice!

Excuse my ignorance, but what are the Classifieds?

Another decent option is to buy some non-denominated solids—either starbursts or some generic monogram—and use those for nickels. Even roulette mold chips could make cool nickels, if you don’t mind mixing molds.

I know you said Paulsons, but then you said Monacos, so have you seen Pharaohs? If you're just looking to add to an existing set (you didn't say what) Pharaohs have a nickel chip. I know they are one of the few, because I was looking for 5 cent chips too. Ended up going with relabels...

So what part of Houston are you in?

I know you said Paulsons, but then you said Monacos, so have you seen Pharaohs? If you're just looking to add to an existing set (you didn't say what) Pharaohs have a nickel chip. I know they are one of the few, because I was looking for 5 cent chips too. Ended up going with relabels...

So what part of Houston are you in?

When I say Monacos I mean the Monacos listed here, which I understand are made in the Paulson factory:

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/monaco-poker-chips/

My current set is a set of Pharaoh CCs, which I'm pretty happy with, just want a set that I know will last me a lifetime.

Living in the Heights these days, couldn't recommend it enough!

Apache's Monaco chips are Gemaco clays..... not china clays.

When I say Monacos I mean the Monacos listed here, which I understand are made in the Paulson factory:

https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/monaco-poker-chips/

My current set is a set of Pharaoh CCs, which I'm pretty happy with, just want a set that I know will last me a lifetime.

Living in the Heights these days, couldn't recommend it enough!
I see, so you already have Paraohs. Sorry, I had not seen those other Monaco chips before. Hope you find what you like.

I tried to convince my wife a few years ago that we should sell the big house in the burbs and get a condo in the Heights or Washington area, but she wouldn't go for it. There's so much to do down there! Oh well, we can get there in 30 minutes or less when we want to, and now we have two more grandkids on the way, so I doubt I'll ever get her away from Humble/Kingwood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom