Paul's Frankenstein Table Project (2 Viewers)

I have one table with Burgundy, and love it. Darker colors hide dirt better. Particularly useful if you have smokers, as the tar sticks to their fingers and will rub off on the table.

I say "smokers" but really, it only takes one to permanently discolor a table.

And people really like the whisper vinyl for rail material, right? A sample of that for $2 seems like a no brainer.

I used a suede material for my rail. With the AC running full-blast the living room gets toasty with 18 people in it. I didn't want sweaty arms lying on non-breathable vinyl. :sick:

And people really like the whisper vinyl for rail material, right? A sample of that for $2 seems like a no brainer.

Lots use the vinyl, some have used suede, and I just used velour my my build, and I must say, it is quite soft and cozy. There are 2 possible benefits I can see to using cloth instead of vinyl. If you are in a cold garage, the rail won't feel as cold wit cloth vs vinyl, and there is no real chance of sweaty arms sticking or slipping like possible on a vinyl rail.

I got foam and a SSC sample set. Don't want to pay shipping twice, but I really don't want to screw up colors. Ordering chairs tonight, and all that will keep me busy enough that by the time the chairs and samples get here, I'll be able to compare everything and get the right color SSC for the wood and chair colors.

I got foam and a SSC sample set. Don't want to pay shipping twice, but I really don't want to screw up colors. Ordering chairs tonight, and all that will keep me busy enough that by the time the chairs and samples get here, I'll be able to compare everything and get the right color SSC for the wood and chair colors.
Where are you getting chairs?

Bizchair. I'm sold on church chairs. I sit in one most Sundays and they are very comfortable. I'm getting 21 inchers or a mix of 21 and 18 inchers. My taxes were good to me and my wife said OK. Not going to argue.

For now I can
1) glue felt to original surface
2a) cut new octagon surface
2b) router/round edges
2c) apply foam

When the chairs arrive
1) figure out best SSC color and order
2) figure out bet table height for the chairs and build bracket for pedestal base and attach it to table

When the SSC arrives
1) Apply SSC
2) Attach surface to table
3) PLAY POKER (and board games)

Bizchair. I'm sold on church chairs. I sit in one most Sundays and they are very comfortable. I'm getting 21 inchers or a mix of 21 and 18 inchers. My taxes were good to me and my wife said OK. Not going to argue.

For now I can
1) glue felt to original surface
2a) cut new octagon surface
2b) router/round edges
2c) apply foam

When the chairs arrive
1) figure out best SSC color and order
2) figure out bet table height for the chairs and build bracket for pedestal base and attach it to table

When the SSC arrives
1) Apply SSC
2) Attach surface to table
3) PLAY POKER (and board games)

I'm with you, I keep hoping to find a church that's offloading some chairs...

Unfortunately taxes are going towards a new minivan...but some nice chairs are on the short list.

Decisions.
so many choices.jpg

For items that may get soiled (work pants, commonly used chairs, etc.), I always choose function over glam -- pick the color that will show dirt/wear the least (color dependent upon the type of dirt/spills anticipated).

Hence, my work pants are mud-color. My chairs are a black/grey/blue fabric blend that hides boo-boos quite well. I'd never go with a solid color, unless it was leather.

For items that may get soiled (work pants, commonly used chairs, etc.), I always choose function over glam -- pick the color that will show dirt/wear the least (color dependent upon the type of dirt/spills anticipated).

Hence, my work pants are mud-color. My chairs are a black/grey/blue fabric blend that hides boo-boos quite well. I'd never go with a solid color, unless it was leather.

How old are your players that making a "boo-boos" in their pants is a concern?

Errant anal gland expression waaaaay worse than code brown, at least for the nose.

Well, now that we have crapped all over Paul's build thread, maybe he can get us back on track with the latest developments in his project. :)(y) :thumbsup:

No worries. I enjoy poop humor as much as anybody. I find it funny that my thread got crapped on by a discussion of crap.

Foam and fabric swatches came in today (2 days from order to own, YAT works fast). No time to work this weekend, I'll be bingeing on board games for 36 actual hours. 8 Friday, 14 Saturday, 12 Sunday.

When I do get going, it will take all the skill I have to make a passable octagon that is 45" across (approximately), with rounded/routered edges.

Color palette inspiration. If I get a wood-paneled game room someday anything like these, I will have found my Mecca and will not leave much.

biltmore 1.jpg

biltmore 2.jpg

No worries. I enjoy poop humor as much as anybody. I find it funny that my thread got crapped on by a discussion of crap.

Foam and fabric swatches came in today (2 days from order to own, YAT works fast). No time to work this weekend, I'll be bingeing on board games for 36 actual hours. 8 Friday, 14 Saturday, 12 Sunday.

When I do get going, it will take all the skill I have to make a passable octagon that is 45" across (approximately), with rounded/routered edges.
Con?

A friend’s annual gaming weekend. I think we are on the 14th year of doing it.
It doesn't happen to be in Ohio, does it?

I have a friend there that has been doing the same thing for... well... double digit years, but we haven't been to the last few as poker has taken up more and more vacation time. It would be an oddly small world if it were.

A friend’s annual gaming weekend. I think we are on the 14th year of doing it.
Fun. A few of my friends have done that the last two years but I haven't been able to make it.

Our local con is coming up in a couple weeks so I've got board games on the mind.

We've just started working gaming days into our calendar. Gaming wasn't very big when we first moved to Nashville, but it's picking up (mostly because of transplants moving into the area).

Got some chairs today. The green ones are sweet. The burgundy ones I have to think about.

IMG_20180329_223122702.jpg

IMG_20180329_223130197.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom