Parks and Rec $25.00 Plaques (and secondary $25.00 Plaques) (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I'm obviously addicted to the show. I own 2000 Parks and Rec chips. I have put @p5woody through the ringer on these designs (I think I paid him well though).

I decided that I wanted to add plaques that can be used with the limit set, and a cash set. I was torn between converting the HHJP plaque to a $25.00 plaque, or outright creating a new one. After a long 10 minute debate I decided that I will do both.

25 plaques will feature "The Painting" episode. This is one of my favorite episodes. It needs to be on more than a HHJP plaque which doesn't see the felt.

I also want a Ron Swanson plaque that features some of his funny quotes. Since there isn't anyway I can narrow it down, I decided to email Kristil and ask if I can order 25 Ron Swanson plaques, same image, but each plaque features a different quote. She said that usually comes with a surcharge, but since I'm so charming and good looking, she would waive the fee.

I'm guessing she is doing that because between the different Parks and Rec Group buys there are probably 15000'ish Parks and Rec chips out there in the world. Plus she knows that I am a repeat customer lol.

Anyways, Steve just started working on this. This is where were currently at.

BTW, we literally started this project a couple of days ago. . I won't tell you how many mockups steve has already done for me.

B

20210228_105906.jpg
20210228_105914.jpg
WC-P25-6.png

This one is currently my favorite.

WC-P25-16.png

Feel free to share some of your favorite Ron Swanson quotes.

If anyone wants the $25.00 "The Paitining" plaque I'll let you get in on this. The Ron Swanson Plaques are going to stay unique to my set.

I’d wish you best of luck but I believe luck is a concept created by the weak to explain their failures.

I narrowed 110 of his quotes down to this (I know I'm still missing some great ones). How the hell do I pair this down to 25. I might have to up my plaque order if Kristil will let me (what's kristil's tag here ?)

1. “There’s only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that is lying about being milk.”
2. “I’d wish you the best of luck but I believe luck is a concept created by the weak to explain their failures.”
6. “Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.”
7. “Crying: Acceptable at funerals and the Grand Canyon.”
11. “Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”
16. “Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”
17. “Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless.”
21. “Fishing is for sport only. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.”
23. “I was born ready. I’m Ron Fucking Swanson.”
27. “Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”
28. “Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait … I worry what you heard was, ‘Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.’ What I said was, give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?”
31. “I’m a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.”

33. “If there were more food and fewer people, this would be a perfect party.”
34. “When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.”
37. “Turkey can never beat cow.”

38. “Breakfast food can serve many purposes.”

39. “I like saying ‘No,’ it lowers their enthusiasm.”

40. “You had me at ‘Meat Tornado.’”

43. “Give 100%. 110% is impossible. Only idiots recommend that.”

45. “When I eat, it is the food that is scared.”

46. “Sting like a bee. Do not float like a butterfly. That’s ridiculous.”

47. “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard.”

51. [On bowling]” Straight down the middle. No hook, no spin, no fuss. Anything more and this becomes figure skating.”

52. “The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teat until they have sore, chapped nipples.”

56. “Strippers do nothing for me…but I will take a free breakfast buffet anytime, anyplace.”

59. “I’ve cried twice in my life. Once when I was 7 and hit by a school bus. And then again when I heard that Li’l Sebastian had passed.”

60.” There has never been a sadness that can’t been cured by breakfast food.”

64. “Do you have any history of mental illness in your family? I have an uncle who does yoga.”

68.” When I walked in this morning and saw that the flag was half-mast, I thought ‘All right, another bureaucrat ate it!”

73. You’ve accidentally given me the food that my food eats.

82. [Describing his sexual history] “Epic. and Private.”

83. “Veganism is the sad result of a morally corrupt mind. Reconsider your life.”

84. “Barbecues should be about one thing: good shared meat.”
.”

91.”If it doesn’t have meat, it’s a snack.”

92.”In my opinion, not enough people have looked their dinner in the eyes and considered the circle of life.”

94. “Haha, “Euro-trash,” I like that. That is indeed a garbage continent.”

96. “Say what you want about organized religion, but those bastards knew how to construct an edifice.”

103. “I regret nothing. The end.”

Ron: “I was born ready. I’m Ron fucking Swanson.”

106. “Under my tutelage you will grow from boys to men, from men into gladiators, from gladiators into Swansons.”

2. “I’d wish you the best of luck but I believe luck is a concept created by the weak to explain their failures.”
6. “Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.”
11. “Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”
16. “Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.”
17. “Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless.”
21. “Fishing is for sport only. Fish meat is practically a vegetable.”
23. “I was born ready. I’m Ron Fucking Swanson.
27. “Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”
28. “Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait … I worry what you heard was, ‘Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.’ What I said was, give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Do you understand?

34. “When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.”
37. “Turkey can never beat cow.”

40. “You had me at ‘Meat Tornado.’”

43. “Give 100%. 110% is impossible. Only idiots recommend that.”

45. “When I eat, it is the food that is scared.”

47. “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard.”

52. “The government is a greedy piglet that suckles on a taxpayer’s teat until they have sore, chapped nipples.”

60.” There has never been a sadness that can’t been cured by breakfast food.”

73. You’ve accidentally given me the food that my food eats.

84. “Barbecues should be about one thing: good shared meat.”

103. “I regret nothing. The end.”

“I was born ready. I’m Ron fucking Swanson.”

46. “Sting like a bee. Do not float like a butterfly. That’s ridiculous.”

I have it down to 23. I'm looking for 25-35 total quotes.

Give me some more!

IMO, plaque phrases are not poker enough. [Edit] Also, when are your going to have $600 in just plaques on the table? These should be quarters...[/edit]

I'll see myself out...

Last edited:
IMO, plaque phrases are not poker enough. [Edit] Also, when are your going to have $600 in just plaques on the table? These should be quarters...[/edit]

I'll see myself out...

All poker chip designs should be in the poker family theme? If that is the case it will throw out 75% of all poker chip designs, including most of the Parks and Rec set.

Also, when are your going to have $600 in just plaques on the table?

The plaques will be used for a two table 1/1 cash set and my limit set. Friday night we almost had a barrel and a half of 25's on the table in our 8 player game.

I'll see myself out...

I'll believe that when I see it...

I'm pretty sure this is the plaque that I'll put the phrases on. Its as much about "poker" as the primary plaque will be (the HHJP plaque that is being converted to $25 bucks)

WC-P25-16.png

Any thought to makiny it a $20 plaque with a color change (yellow?) so as not to confuse it with the HHJP plaque?

Not sure how many out there have an HHJP plaque, but it would suck if someone bet $50 with a $25 plaque and a HHJP plaque.

Any thought to makiny it a $20 plaque with a color change (yellow?) so as not to confuse it with the HHJP plaque?

Not sure how many out there have an HHJP plaque, but it would suck if someone bet $50 with a $25 plaque and a HHJP plaque.

That is an intriguing suggestion. I'll put Steven on it. Thanks

I think I'm going to go with as vibrant of a yellow as possible. I'm leaning towards the gray ring. As usual. @p5woody is amazing to collaborate with.

My first 10 quotes have been submitted.

When I eat, it is the food that is scared

“Fishing relaxes me. It’s like yoga, except I still get to kill something.”

Never half-ass two things. Whole-ass one thing.

I’d wish you the best of luck but I believe luck is a concept created by the weak to explain their failures.

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.”

Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard.

I regret nothing, the end.

“I was born ready. I’m Ron ****ing Swanson.”

Capitalism: God's way of determining who is smart and who is poor

“Under my tutelage, you will grow from boys to men. From men into gladiators. And from gladiators into Swansons.”

WC-ron-$20-3.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom