Parking Issues (1 Viewer)

Lived on a cul-de-sac in last house (a year and one-half ago) with apparently sufficient parking as I never heard
any complaints from the neighbors. Game usually had 14 - 20 players.
Moved to 55+ community and lots of parking because there were several vacant lots near me. Those now have houses
on them so parking may be a little trickier when we start up again. One space in the driveway reserved for an older player
that uses a walker

I beg my guys to park in the drive way. I can easily get 6-8 cars parked if they are judicious. No one ever parks there though because no one wants to get blocked in if/when they bust. We do play on Tuesday Nights (when we resume) so getting home early is understood (although I go as long as people stay).

I beg my guys to park in the drive way. I can easily get 6-8 cars parked if they are judicious. No one ever parks there though because no one wants to get blocked in if/when they bust. We do play on Tuesday Nights (when we resume) so getting home early is understood (although I go as long as people stay).
Same! No one wants to get blocked in... I mean if someone is on tilt and decides to stay longer to avoid the annoyance of having others move their cars out of the driveway... well... tilt or not this sucks for them, but as someone said - they are grown adults who can handle their stuff!

Here in Ontario, we have pandemic related issues... IF I hosted and cars were everywhere, well... it would cause a stir and I could be in trouble hosting. Not sure if this is the situation for some of you in the States?

Not sure if this is the situation for some of you in the States?
I'm understanding that, constitutionally, they cannot prevent the right to "Peacefully Assemble". They can restrict public spaces, but your home is your home.

I'm not a constitutional lawyer, and I'm sure as hell not one of those "Government can't tell me what to do" imbeciles. The government can give me a gun, ship me around the planet, and order me to storm a useless hill where the native people on the hill will be trying to shoot me in the head. They can do whatever they want, the lawyers can try to prevent them.

I don't know of any localities here where any leader has tried to blur the line.

Same! No one wants to get blocked in... I mean if someone is on tilt and decides to stay longer to avoid the annoyance of having others move their cars out of the driveway... well... tilt or not this sucks for them, but as someone said - they are grown adults who can handle their stuff!

That's part of why I like the way I do it, everyone that wants to park on the driveway just parallel parks on one side so the other side is open for maneuvering or if we need to get one of our cars out of the garage.

Here in Ontario, we have pandemic related issues... IF I hosted and cars were everywhere, well... it would cause a stir and I could be in trouble hosting. Not sure if this is the situation for some of you in the States?

It really depends on where, here in the 11th province of Minnesota, there is a regulation against more than two households gathering indoors right now that has been in effect since before Thanksgiving. My last game was in October, before this change was made, I have been holding off.

Now, that said in my neighborhood, I have seen plenty of driveways with multiple cars, so I don't think anyone is ratting anyone out over this issue where I live. (I am not trying to get political outside of the designated forum, but I figure it's worth mentioning I live in a very purple swingy suburban area where both major parties have won elections in recent years). But still you don't want to be the guy that draws government scrutiny, so I have been holding off on hosting for now. Other midwestern states (Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska) have not gone this far on the gathering piece.

I'm understanding that, constitutionally, they cannot prevent the right to "Peacefully Assemble". They can restrict public spaces, but your home is your home.

They are doing this in Minnesota right now, and courts haven't heard challenges brought against the governor's orders as far as I know. (Note to mods, I am stating facts and avoiding personal opinion.)

But I have been thinking if Minnemania were scheduled now, @inca911 would surely have had to cancel. We're fortunate we got it in back in September :).

My problem is not parking, but rather my moron friends that think everyone is up at 4 am when they roll out of my house. I live on a cul de sac and typically there are a few every time that decide to have a 30 min conversation about the game on my front lawn. Idiots. I try to impress upon everyone to talk inside the house, get it all out of the system, and then go outside And go home. I also needed to stress not to bring ur custom hi end turbo charged car to the game. One of the regulars would start up his custom 911 turbo at 4 am, which I could hear clearly in my basement. Then the next day, I would get the big WTF from my neighbors.

My problem is not parking, but rather my moron friends that think everyone is up at 4 am when they roll out of my house. I live on a cul de sac and typically there are a few every time that decide to have a 30 min conversation about the game on my front lawn. Idiots. I try to impress upon everyone to talk inside the house, get it all out of the system, and then go outside And go home. I also needed to stress not to bring ur custom hi end turbo charged car to the game. One of the regulars would start up his custom 911 turbo at 4 am, which I could hear clearly in my basement. Then the next day, I would get the big WTF from my neighbors.

I've had my wife text me a few times around 4am with WTF is having a 20 minute conversation in our driveway under our bedroom window!

More than a few of my players take Uber because what’s poker without a beer or whiskey in your hand?
I'd like to echo this.

Aren't people drinking at your games? I have a parking lot across the road with about 10 places, and usually just a handful are taken, so I'd say around 6-7 are usually available. But out of ~20 players, there are usually only 3 or 4 who are driving. Poor bastards, sipping their coca colas all night...

Well Uber isn't readily available here in north Alabama. Most of my players are coming from another county so not really an option.

My street has strict HOA-enforced visitor's parking spots with no overnight parking allowed. At around 12am, we pause the game so that anyone parking at a visitor's spot can move to a different parking lot one minute walk away with free parking.

Unfortunately, some players choose this break time as a time to go home :(

Logic dictates that my friends should just park at the free parking lot since arrival so we don't have to do the car shuffle at midnight. It's literally only a minute walk away. Unfortunately, not everyone listens and instinctively want to park as close as possible.

Rules for when I bought a house.
  1. It must be within my budget.
  2. NO HOA
  3. Next-door neighbor must not hit me in the nards daily with a baseball bat.
Point 3 is negotiable, as long as point 2 is not included.

Rules for when I bought a house.
  1. It must be within my budget.
  2. NO HOA
  3. Next-door neighbor must not hit me in the nards daily with a baseball bat.
Point 3 is negotiable, as long as point 2 is not included.
Absolutely agree

Someone who has sex with you for money. Differs from a spouse in as much as they don’t hang about afterwards.
Home
Owners
Association

#rulemakers
Both are correct, but I wouldn't call it "sex". It's more like they make you pay every month and then f**k you when you try to do something fun.

I'm not a constitutional lawyer, and I'm sure as hell not one of those "Government can't tell me what to do" imbeciles. The government can give me a gun, ship me around the planet, and order me to storm a useless hill where the native people on the hill will be trying to shoot me in the head. They can do whatever they want, the lawyers can try to prevent them.

I don't know of any localities here where any leader has tried to blur the line.
A nice "locality" has been Greece during the festive seasons; No visits to homes allowed at all!
Only on Xmas and New Year's days (NOT eves) could up to 9 people assemble, provided they didn't belong to more than 2 households...

Someone who has sex with you for money. Differs from a spouse in as much as they don’t hang about afterwards.
Woody Allen: "What I like most about masturbation is the intimacy and tenderness afterwards"

A nice "locality" has been Greece during the festive seasons; No visits to homes allowed at all!
Only on Xmas and New Year's days (NOT eves) could up to 9 people assemble, provided they didn't belong to more than 2 households...

Woody Allen: "What I like most about masturbation is the intimacy and tenderness afterwards"
Honestly mate you go off on some crazy tangents. I love it. How are you wired up? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom