Parking Issues (3 Viewers)

sem0030

Two Pair
Reaction score
Maybe an odd question, but did any of you that host a decent amount of people struggle with parking? I will eventually start hosting about 8 to 10 and it just occurred to me that parking could be an issue. I do live 5 minutes from the office so could always drop the vehicle off and have my wife run me back to the house, but that's just one extra space.

Players are not allowed to park in my driveway. They know I live on a cul de sac. If they don't arrive early enough to get a spot on my street, it's their own fault.

I have a big circular driveway so there is plenty of parking as well as street parking. But there is a parking ban after 2am so the majority park in the driveway.

I have played in a few games in the city that parking is always an issue and would be a few blocks away. Those sucked.

We have a two car garage so I just ask that the right side of the driveway be kept open. That way a couple of cars can park on the left side and maneuver fine.

I am also on a circle and near a street so plenty of parking around.

Last edited:
It can be tight, but i got enough for ten cars on the street. Lucky for me, Mondays aren't a active day in the area, so no one has really complained too much.

Was a little worried about street parking causing neighborhood issues as we just moved in a few weeks ago. I see that's not a major concern in this forum :D:D:D

Was a little worried about street parking causing neighborhood issues as we just moved in a few weeks ago. I see that's not a major concern in this forum :D:D:D
I mean it depends on your setting.

I am decidedly suburban and fortunate enough to have a house on the corner of a circle so plenty of street parking within a block.

At my former house I bought in my early 20’s all the rest of the street were still the original owners for the most part. Every house around me was original owners that all built their homes. The first week in and I have a poker game and filled the street with cars and I was instantly “the party house” and would get nasty looks from the neighbors. Someone even left a bag of dog poop hanging from the driver side mirror of one of my players.

The old guy across the street would yell at people that parked in front of his house like he owned the spot. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I was so happy to get out of that neighborhood. It has gotten better the last few years, a few more younger couples with kids have started to move in thankfully.

Players are not allowed to park in my driveway. They know I live on a cul de sac. If they don't arrive early enough to get a spot on my street, it's their own fault.
I’m struggling to understand this. As a host, don’t you want to help your guests with parking? Why won’t you let them in your driveway?
When I host, I put my car in the garage, and my best friend knows to pull all the way down up the driveway, leaving room for one or two more cars there. There’s room in front of my house for another two or three cars, and that’s usually enough for my game, especially if a couple guys come in the same car.

I’m struggling to understand this. As a host, don’t you want to help your guests with parking? Why won’t you let them in your driveway?

I can see where it would depend on the width of your driveway, or you have a spouse parked in the garage that may need to get out at some point. That's why I do it the way I do, I have a longish driveway (for the suburbs anyway) where 2 or 3 cars can park on one side and leave room for each to maneuver and my wife can get a car out of the garage if she needs.

Or if you are worried about someone leaking oil or other fluids or your new driveway. That is a quick way to piss off a wife and end poker night!

One of my older players was trying to back his car as close as he could to the house to make room for other people he hit the step to the front door. It made a loud noise that scared the crap out of my wife and took a little chuck of concrete out of the step. My wife was not very happy.

We consume the WHOLE block every Thursday and for weekend games. Neighbors are used to it by now

Last week we had a snow emergency where you were not allowed to park on the street. I told them I can only fit 6 cars in my driveway so we may have to cancel. A couple of guys ran a shuttle back and forth to the strip plaza 2 blocks away. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
It's great having degenerate friends.

I live on a 55 MPH road. Street parking is not an option. I clear my driveway as best as possible, but typically have about a dozen cars on the lawn. It sucks in the spring when the ground is all wet and smooshy, but grass grows back.

I also hate lawn care. If my lawn looks crappy, I really DGAF.
Pretty much the same for me exactly. For my bigger games people have to park on the grass. I'm waiting for the answer about people not being allowed to park in the driveway!

I'm waiting for the answer about people not being allowed to park in the driveway!
@RainmanTrail pointed out damage from leaking oil and getting so close to the house it was undesirable for his Mrs.

My mother was the same way, always fearing oil or something getting the driveway dirty, so she would never let me or my friends park there. Didn't matter that none of us had cars that leaked oil.

As someone that drives a firetruck for a living, I hate when people park in the street when every driveway is empty, particularly in cul-de-sacs. City engineers require the cul-de-sacs to be big enough to turn a firetruck around, but only if empty. If you park there, it delays our response times, and people die.

But I guess that's better than a dirty driveway.

LOL

In my city we have a lot of cul de sacs like this. (THis is not my actual street by the way.)

1610054835902.png

(Changed to a more illustrative satellite image, but still not my actual street.)

My house would be in the position circled so we are on the corner of a bigger street that intersects the circle.

@RainmanTrail pointed out damage from leaking oil and getting so close to the house it was undesirable for his Mrs.

My mother was the same way, always fearing oil or something getting the driveway dirty, so she would never let me or my friends park there. Didn't matter that none of us had cars that leaked oil.

As someone that drives a firetruck for a living, I hate when people park in the street when every driveway is empty, particularly in cul-de-sacs. City engineers require the cul-de-sacs to be big enough to turn a firetruck around, but only if empty. If you park there, it delays our response times, and people die.

But I guess that's better than a dirty driveway.
What are people's driveways made out of? :LOL: :laugh: It's a driveway! It's made for cars to drive and park on it! DRIVE-WAY. "Don't park in my driveway, park on the street in front of my neighbor's house" Interesting... I have really actually never thought of that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom