Par-Tay! (2 Viewers)

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Prepping for our annual New Year's Eve party... Prep started a month ago. We were going to pass this year, but a number of friends started asking about us hosting... ya know, those friends who are like "So, we can't wait to get an invite to the NYE thing again this year....". So my wife and I shrugged and decided we were obligated... Oh, who are we kidding, we enjoy hosting it...

My wife is in charge of food/coctails... and me, I'm in charge of the dancing! I've been working to set up the sound and lighting (yes, my wife already pointed out that we're still a week away).

Here's the results.

*ps. Yes, I used to DJ in a former life (but that was back when I used two turntables, a mixer, and vinyl records)...

Another aspect....

We've also gone to several neighborhood parties where they've had dice games in play. We're not much of hte gamboling type, but had to admit these games were a lot of fun. The other parties, folks had dollar bills flying. I'm more of a quarters kinda guy. We had a more casual game night a while back, and we used chips... that was kinda cool. So game plan is to have a table set up with several dice games ready to go (along with "abby99-esk" style game cards with instructions.

Lemme know what you think about the dice.. If all goes well, I'm even thinking of having this dice table topper set up for the MTTD, and allow people to degen it up with chips and dice. Dumb idea?

There will be a good number of poker players in attendance, but I am pretty sure if we scurry away to play cards, my wife might slit my throat in my drunken sleep...

IMG_0304.JPG

Sounds like a blast! We are hosting my wife's family's annual White Elephant party tomorrow. A couple of her cousins have requested that I run a NLHE tourney and structure it so their kids can play too. Never missing a chance for wife-sanctioned poker action I reached out to the consummate professional @BGinGA to come up with a structure that should fit the rather unique needs of this situation (Thanks again man!). The best part is everyone starts with 50 chips!!! No money will change hands but all the dads will kick in $5 to the bounty pot which will go to the player under 20 with the most knockouts.

I can't wait; it makes having to find White Elephant junk stashed in our house for months more bearable.

I'm hosting a poker tourney the night before, and I'll get my poker fix in.

Playing dice with my wife, daughter, and neighbor. Broke out the quarters.

IMG_0310.JPG

I can't get over that little dice table thingy. Where can I get one of those?

I can't get over that little dice table thingy. Where can I get one of those?

Oh brother... it's a sickness... and a long story!

Started out with a chip website, damn idiots recommended I get nice chips. So I snagged a set of Milanos. Then I posted pics of my poker table (actually the pub table seen above with the marble top). Then the poker nerds said "you need to make a topper, as the marble is bad for clay-like material chips. I made a 44" wide topper, but had leftover materials. I procured a number of smaller bistro tables, and proceeded to make poker themed end tables with my leftover supplies, this topper was one of the first such iterations. This sits on a 24" wide round end table. I think my other versions turned out better. After making a dozen of so of these end tables, I branched off into a half dozen oval holdem tables, including my current Fat Tire table.
I'll attach some pics of a few tables I've created. But the small end tables were fairly easy (aside from the upholstery).

First Table Build.jpg

Dealer Table.jpg

Full Felt Table and Chairs.jpg

Heads Up Table.jpg

Heads up Tables.jpg

Telescoping Base Side Table.jpg

Attachments

• Hon Chair.jpg
    Hon Chair.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 55
Wow! I'll take the black one! Awesome.

Very cool set up you have Trihonda. I think the dice might go over big. I know the left right center game is great for crowds of non poker players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom