Pantheon Poker Room Ceramics (1 Viewer)

thebigblind96

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum, but within days of joining I was convinced by what I've seen on here that I need to try my hand it at. This is meant to be a set for both cash and tourney. The theme is the Greek pantheon, cause well, I'm Greek :D

My game is still quite new, only started in late 2019, and we either play tourneys or .25/.50 cash games up to a $50 buy-in, with a definite focus on tourneys.

You'll notice that the colors aren't standard. I did attempt to keep the standards in practice (at least where it made sense), but I also wanted the set to reflect some kind of progression of the gods through the denominations and maintain the color associations of each god. I could likely swap a few of them around while accomplishing this, and am certainly open to suggestions, but this is what the first draft is looking like so far.

A couple more notes: The reload chip is currently supposed to be the standard 39mm alongside the rest of the chips, though I'm debating bumping it up to 43mm. The blind buttons are going to be "dealer size" 49mm, and the dealer button is going to be 60mm.

I'm far from an artist/designer, and this is my first time ever attempting anything like this. I chose to rough it out with Inkscape for the time being, though I may try to grab AI for a little to convert to .ai files and recolor in CMYK, after some conversation with Kristil from BR Pro Poker.

That being said, I'd like to shout out @IceViking and @nuclearmonkey, your designs gave me a lot of inspiration, and I learned a lot from your threads!

Would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this set!

Attachments

• 0.25cAPHRODITE_v0.png
    0.25cAPHRODITE_v0.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 117
  • zOLYMPUSdealer_v0.png
    zOLYMPUSdealer_v0.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 117
  • RHEAsmallblind_v0.png
    RHEAsmallblind_v0.png
    246.8 KB · Views: 104
  • KRONOSbigblind_v0.png
    KRONOSbigblind_v0.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 92
  • HERMESreload_v0.png
    HERMESreload_v0.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 5000ZEUS_v0.png
    5000ZEUS_v0.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 500APOLLO_v0.png
    500APOLLO_v0.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 100HADES_v0.png
    100HADES_v0.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 25ARES_v0.png
    25ARES_v0.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 5ATHENA_v0.png
    5ATHENA_v0.png
    269 KB · Views: 102
  • 1ARTEMIS_v0.png
    1ARTEMIS_v0.png
    185.7 KB · Views: 104
These are great, one thing you may want to rethink dealer button design

These are great, one thing you may want to rethink dealer button design
I agree. That's actually the one that speaks to me the least, but the creativity was running low at that point since that was the last one I did. You think it needs better artwork or better coloring?

I plan to do a similar them with LGK chips after milling. Probably will do a mosaic style graphic of 7 mythological figures.
That would look fantastic! It's a great theme if I do say so myself haha. Are those chips still readily available or do you need to find them second-hand and re-label?

I plan to do a similar them with LGK chips after milling. Probably will do a mosaic style graphic of 7 mythological figures.
Good idea... Remember old I Clovdies by BBC? The opening titles may be good inspiration...

Last edited:
Looks like a great start! Just a heads-up:

I think there will be a 25 minimum per design so you might want to drop the small/big blind chips - unless you want/need 25 of them!?
Do you have any denomination between 500 and 5,000?

Looks like a great start! Just a heads-up:

I think there will be a 25 minimum per design so you might want to drop the small/big blind chips - unless you want/need 25 of them!?
Do you have any denomination between 500 and 5,000?
Looks like I forgot to attach lol oops. The blinds are actually 49mm chips, so as far as I know it's a 10 minimum and only if you want edge printing. Figure 5 big 5 small not the end of the world if I end up keeping the edges.

Attachments

• POSEIDON1000_v0.png
    POSEIDON1000_v0.png
    203.9 KB · Views: 68
Love the concept and design so far. A few thoughts.

I had trouble making out Zeus and Poseiden. Maybe sitting with the chips for a while it would be fine, but at first glance, I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Be careful about dirty stacks. With all the colors you have on the edges, it might be hard to see a random 100 in a stack of 25s or vice versa. The edges are very busy on my chips and I wish they were a little cleaner. Particularly, I wish my $5 wasn't half blue on the edge, just all red background. So maybe make the secondary color on the edge as small as possible.

I wouldn't make big and little blind buttons. No need for them.

Just my 2 cents.

Love the concept and design so far. A few thoughts.

I had trouble making out Zeus and Poseiden. Maybe sitting with the chips for a while it would be fine, but at first glance, I wasn't sure what I was looking at.

Be careful about dirty stacks. With all the colors you have on the edges, it might be hard to see a random 100 in a stack of 25s or vice versa. The edges are very busy on my chips and I wish they were a little cleaner. Particularly, I wish my $5 wasn't half blue on the edge, just all red background. So maybe make the secondary color on the edge as small as possible.

I wouldn't make big and little blind buttons. No need for them.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for this. My buddies who I sent these to privately made the same comment on the Zeus chip. For Poseidon I'm thinking to either making the chip white and his face dark blue, or maybe lightening the blue a bit. Same for Zeus.

Also agree on the dirty stacks, especially between 25 and 100. May go straight red for 25 since that's the lowest tournament denomination.

Thanks for your feedback!

Made a few color changes based on your inputs, and changed up the edges to look a little more traditional (hopefully remedying the dirty stack issue). I also added a bounty chip cause why not, they can be fun.

Zeus was still challenging because of the nature of the artwork. I'm hoping that the lighter purple lets his face come through more.

I'm going to have a first round of samples made at this point, so I hope to have some updates in a few weeks.

Attachments

• 5000ZEUS_v1.png
    5000ZEUS_v1.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 65
  • BOUNTY_v1.png
    BOUNTY_v1.png
    233.8 KB · Views: 55
  • HERMESreload_v1.png
    HERMESreload_v1.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 56
  • OLYMPUSdealer_v1.png
    OLYMPUSdealer_v1.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 60
  • OLYMPUSdealerB_v1-01.png
    OLYMPUSdealerB_v1-01.png
    134.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1000POSEIDON_v1.png
    1000POSEIDON_v1.png
    307.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 500APOLLO_v1.png
    500APOLLO_v1.png
    314.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 100HADES_v1.png
    100HADES_v1.png
    310.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 25ARES_v1.png
    25ARES_v1.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 5ATHENA_v1.png
    5ATHENA_v1.png
    296.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 1ARTEMIS_v1.png
    1ARTEMIS_v1.png
    212.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 0.25APHRODITE_v1.png
    0.25APHRODITE_v1.png
    305.7 KB · Views: 74
  • STACKS_v1.png
    STACKS_v1.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 64

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom