Palm beach cruise line REHAB thread. (1 Viewer)

bivey

Full House
Reaction score
I received Palm Beach Cruise Line (PBCL) chips today. They are filthy filthy filthy. I'll keep updates on the process here. Initial pr0n:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Tasks to be completed include removing 1000 stickers, cleaning and oiling.

Good luck with the cleaning process, that's quite the haul! I'd still love a barrel of the Hundos, would even take em uncleaned to save you the hassle (y) :thumbsup:

Those look SWEET! Congrats on the score.

Great score !

That s a long work but thats allows to have a long discussion with your new "friends" !

In for 2 sample sets (3 chips) in good condition if you have spares.

Don

Wow that's alot of chips! A big task but worth it in the end! If you've got a spare of each denomination I'd love to buy a sample set too.

I really like the colors and spots on all three of these chips. Following this thread with interest and look forward to some updated pics when you have cleaned/saved a bunch of them(y) :thumbsup: Good luck with the rehab

They look a lot better than I would have expected considering the life they've led. A little TLC and they will turn out great.

Congrats on the acquisition. (y) :thumbsup:

i wouldnt mind a sample set also if you go that route.

great score!

Great spots and colors! Too bad no 1s in the lot. With the numbers you have I'm sure you can trade some for quality 1s to relabel and complete that set. I'd be interested in 100s if you ever decided to cull the herd.

Binion's has 2v's on the THC. They're not overly interested in letting them walk out, but it can be done.

Just sayin'.

First round of cleaning these babies up. I decided to do a little testing before I dove in. I have a small ultrasonic cleaner for jewelry. Not ideal or as effective as industrial machines, but it works OK. Stickers on about 1/2 of the chips peel off easily. This is a non issue, if not a PIA! On the the cleaning.

Four passes with the chips.
1 = ultrasound and water.
2 = u/s with palmolive
3 = 2+magic eraser
4 = 3 + additional round of u/s

Note the different red clay in one of the chips.
IMG_2705.JPG

Closer view.

IMG_2703.JPG

The final pic is the best looking hundo with an uncleaned chip.

IMG_2704.JPG

The grime comes off with all three methods, but the spots and staining is much better after magic eraser treatment.

I'm hoping to find a better way. Back to the "lab"....

Progress looks good! You gotta try the TSP, or (non-tsp sodium metabisilicate) or whatever is recommended in the ultrasonic cleaning thread. Recently cleaned 900 chips and swear by it.

Do you want to borrow my ultrasonic? That's a lot of chips to clean!!!

I may send you my rack of $5s to clean while you're at it. ;)

I have three different versions.... dark red, light red scv, light red lcv. Interested in hearing your breakdown.

I may send you my rack of $5s to clean while you're at it. ;)

I have three different versions.... dark red, light red scv, light red lcv. Interested in hearing your breakdown.
Might be a while. Can't see the canes through the grime. :)

Straighten them out, hold them just like that and use the magic eraser on them.
That's what they look like after I did just that. I'm actually very happy with them. Just a lot of chips to go and so little time. At my current rate of cleaning, I will be done in 2018.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom