PAHWM: Tournament Money Bubble (2 Viewers)

Sometimes players make an initial read and fail to re-assess. He was probably fine to call A9 suited pre for a min raise. Then, he saw your flop bet as nothing more than an obligatory c-bet and your turn check told him you had AQ at best. He didn't reconsider when you checked raised him... That's the only explanation I have for him snap calling your jam.

HERO jams
VILLAIN snap calls with :ah::9h:

Agree with @skylines above 100%. If he's paying off with that, it's concrete proof you hit the right line on the turn.

It's also possible if you keep the initiative with a small lead on the turn you get shoved on, and given the player read you were never folding.

But bottom line, right read that you should be playing for stacks here and mission accomplished :).

And now instead of 8 handed and two shirt stacks, you are 7 handed with two short stacks. :).

Sometimes players make an initial read and fail to re-assess. He was probably fine to call A9 suited pre for a min raise. Then, he saw your flop bet as nothing more than an obligatory c-bet and your turn check told him you had AQ at best. He didn't reconsider when you checked raised him... That's the only explanation I have for him snap calling your jam.

Yeah I don't hate how Villain played the hand on the flop (he should have folded preflop IMO) but the pot sized bet on the turn when checked to was a disaster. A bet of 4 or 5 BBs into a ~12BB pot would have achieved the desired effect of inducing a fold if that were possible. And when called (HERO probably doesn't C/R jam a smaller bet and more likely just flats for pot control), Villain could easily check back any non-ace/non-nine river card and be happy to not have lost more.

Yeah I don't hate how Villain played the hand on the flop (he should have folded preflop IMO) but the pot sized bet on the turn when checked to was a disaster. A bet of 4 or 5 BBs into a ~12BB pot would have achieved the desired effect of inducing a fold if that were possible. And when called (HERO probably doesn't C/R jam a smaller bet and more likely just flats for pot control), Villain could easily check back any non-ace/non-nine river card and be happy to not have lost more.
I am struggling to think of a worse turn for villain to have a pot range on, and then a worse hand to bet pot on said turn. This is such a terrible turn play

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom