PAHWM Poker Mavens PL 5-Carad Omaha Hi-Lo (20-50) Blinds 0.25/0.5 (2 Viewers)

kirchhausen

Flush
Reaction score
Here is a fun hand, would love to hear discussion:

Game: PL 5-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (20 - 50) - Blinds 0.25/0.25
Site: Rungood Lounge
Table: Casual Thursday
Seat 1: V1 (641.25) SB
Seat 2: V2 (120.75) BB
Seat 3: Hero (759.25) UTG/Hijack
Seat 8: V3 (52.25) Button

Don't let the stakes fool you, these players are sharks.

V1 - This player mixes it up. When playing well he is possibly the best player in our group, with great situational awareness, and selective aggressiveness. We all play together quite a bit, and he is capable of exploiting others play better than anyone else here when he is on his game. When he is off his game, he is just super LAG, bloating pot pre-flop, and trying to bet people off pots. Tonight, he is playing his A+ game, is up I believe from his initial $50 to $641.25. Even though were are only 4-handed, t=he has been a lot tighter than usual pre (and post flop), Have not seen him get it in bad at all so far tonight

V2 - When on his game, he is the other contender for best player in our group. Super laggy, is not afraid to get it in at any time. His one weakness, he is very tilt prone. And when he tilts, boy does he tilt. H=Not sure how much he is down tonight at this point, but best guess is that he is on for around $500 (yes 10 buyins), and has built his most recent buy-in up to $120.75

Hero - I am not tight, by any means, but by far the tightest player in this group of 4 players tonight. In for about $150, Stack is $759.25 to start the hand. Not sure that the other players have noticed how few hands I have played tonight (long term history probably overriding tonight's statistics) but I have seen less than 30% of flops tonight, in a mostly 4-handed (at times 5 and 6 handed table) with most games split pot 5 card. I probably have a reputation for being able to be blown off hands. I can also be a little passive in this group, as I know I can generally let others do the betting for me when I need to. I am the least degen by far of this group.

V3 - What can I say about this guy? Supper aggro, bloating every pot. He books the biggest wins and losses in our group. Tuesday night, He was stuck $1400 at one point before making a comeback and finishing up ~$2.7k (those stakes were .25/50 $200 max buy-in). Tonight he is stuck heaps again, probably over $1k at this point. Only down 20 buy-ins, NBD he'll get it back.

V3 has the dealer button
V1 posts small blind 0.25
V2posts big blind 0.25
** Hole Cards ** [4 players]
Dealt to Hero [:ad: :as: :td: :3s: :qd:]
Action on hero:

Last edited:
Double suited aces, good high potential, only drawbacks are the third diamond and it's not A2. If you're not willing to open for the pot shorthanded like this, you're playing far too snug I feel.

I agree. I'm potting here

One of the villains is stuck 3400 bbs and playing Any five cards. This I know to be true

EDIT: forgot it was .25/.25. so technically stuck 6800bbs. WHATEVER !

Last edited:
And that villain was stuck the other night 1.4k to come back to 2.7k up. Just keeping the facts clear for posterity.

Double suited aces, good high potential, only drawbacks are the third diamond and it's not A2. If you're not willing to open for the pot shorthanded like this, you're playing far too snug I feel.
Other drawback is no backup low protection. An A or particularly a 3 hits and others can have lows where you do not. In 5 card it's generally best to leave the gate with a 3rd low potential card, even if it's like a 5 or a 6.

I will say, 'Hero' (so much irony) was playing well this night. Folding the right time, floating for outs (and getting there), booked a well played win for that night.

Thoughts: I pot here. Double suited Aces are solid, with decent (but not great) low and no backup low. I'm In position against the biggest stack (V1), and quite frankly at this point in the night V2 and V3 are really playing any 5 cards, so I am way ahead of their range.

ame: PL 5-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (20 - 50) - Blinds 0.25/0.25

V1 - This player mixes it up. When playing well he is possibly the best player in our group, with great situational awareness, and selective aggressiveness. We all play together quite a bit, and he is capable of exploiting others play better than anyone else here when he is on his game. When he is off his game, he is just super LAG, bloating pot pre-flop, and trying to bet people off pots. Tonight, he is playing his A+ game, is up I believe from his initial $50 to $641.25. Even though were are only 4-handed, t=he has been a lot tighter than usual pre (and post flop), Have not seen him get it in bad at all so far tonight

V2 - When on his game, he is the other contender for best player in our group. Super laggy, is not afraid to get it in at any time. His one weakness, he is very tilt prone. And when he tilts, boy does he tilt. H=Not sure how much he is down tonight at this point, but best guess is that he is on for around $500 (yes 10 buyins), and has built his most recent buy-in up to $120.75

Hero - I am not tight, by any means, but by far the tightest player in this group of 4 players tonight. In for about $150, Stack is $759.25 to start the hand. Not sure that the other players have noticed how few hands I have played tonight (long term history probably overriding tonight's statistics) but I have seen less than 30% of flops tonight, in a mostly 4-handed (at times 5 and 6 handed table) with most games split pot 5 card. I probably have a reputation for being able to be blown off hands. I can also be a little passive in this group, as I know I can generally let others do the betting for me when I need to. I am the least degen by far of this group.

V3 - What can I say about this guy? Supper aggro, bloating every pot. He books the biggest wins and losses in our group. Tuesday night, He was stuck $1400 at one point before making a comeback and finishing up ~$2.7k (those stakes were .25/50 $200 max buy-in). Tonight he is stuck heaps again, probably over $1k at this point. Only down 20 buy-ins, NBD he'll get it back.

V3 has the dealer button
V2posts big blind 0.25
Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero???

Yeah villain 3 can really put the squeeze on with $50

rQiLCnUNJotU9unfJaTCGmrNSOI=.gif

Game: PL 5-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (20 - 50) - Blinds 0.25/0.25

V3 has the dealer button
V2posts big blind 0.25
Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero???
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts: On the one hand, suited Aces, 3 broadway cards and decent low potential are all very appealing. Drawbacks, as others have stated, 3rd diamond, low is not the nuts, no 3rd low.
I was torn between repotting, and calling, but in the end I decided to close the action and see a flop.

Hero raises to 1
V3raises to 3.50
V1 calls 3.25
V2 calls 3.25
Hero calls 2.50
** Flop ** [Ts 2c 9s]
V1 checks
V2 checks
Hero???

Last edited:
Pretty straight forward bet here with the nut flush draw and nut low potential if it goes runner runner 8 or less. If I'm feeling spicy I may consider check raise potting this against V3 as I'm 99% sure he'll C-bet here if checked around to.

Pretty straight forward bet here with the nut flush draw and nut low potential if it goes runner runner 8 or less. If I'm feeling spicy I may consider check raise potting this against V3 as I'm 99% sure he'll C-bet here if checked around to.
@MatB would re-pot a pot bet. I want to pot it now, so I can re-pot the re-pot. This is how you play against V3.

@MatB would re-pot a pot bet. I want to pot it now, so I can re-pot the re-pot. This is how you play against V3.
At that point if hero is ok with getting it in, I guess you may as well pot it, let V3 repot, and shove for their remaining $20 or so. Lots of outs for hero to improve here but it'll get interesting if V1 and/or V2 come along as well.

At that point if hero is ok with getting it in, I guess you may as well pot it, let V3 repot, and shove for their remaining $20 or so. Lots of outs for hero to improve here but it'll get interesting if V1 and/or V2 come along as well.
V1 is the wild card. The only one with a stack that matters. The others are getting it in for the double up + attempt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom