PAHWM: Fast Fold 6 max ACR (77 in SB) (3 Viewers)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
ACR Fast Fold
No reads.

Seat 1: Button (96)
Seat 2: HERO (SB) (120.5)
Seat 3: VILLAIN (BB) (151.5)
Seat 4: UTG (122.3)
Seat 5: UTG+1 (123.9)
Seat 6: CO (120)

HERO :7h::7s:
UTG raises to 2
HERoO (SB) calls.
VILLAIN (BB) raises to 6.5
UUTG folds
HERO calls.

Flop: :7c::ad::2d:
Pot: 15

HERO checks.
VILLAIN bets 7.

HERO?

Skipping some of the pre flop action. Even with a min raise, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of 3 betting 77 from the SB against an UTG open. While there is a decent amount of squeezing in fast fold, it's not so much so that I feel you shouldn't call occasionally. Given VILLAIN's tiny 3 bet and the SPR, I don't think folding a pair to this size makes any sense. Our range is somewhat face up, but it's the micros. Nobody except the grinder's are paying attention. And this guy's sizing clearly indicates he IS NOT a grinder.

I would usually fast play a flopped set with a FD on the flop and X/R here. However all the AdX combos are blocked by the board so we need to ask ourselves the likelihood of V 3betting suited cards from BB that are not AdX to determine if we really are up against a draw. So is V 3betting with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQs, KQs, AJs? If he has AA you're toast but that's only 3 combos. The number of pairs outweigh the number of suited diamond hands (KQs) so less likely that he is on a draw here. If we X/R V may fold hands we crush that may continue putting money into the pot.

I think this flop favors V's range so this could be a range bet or he could have connected. Just calling keeps AK, KK, QQ, AQ, JJ, TT in play.

I call.

Hero considers both options and decides on raise as no A is going to fold. Plus, villain's sizing seems to indicate he is a rec player. And generally fast playing big hands against them is the way to go.

UTG raises to 2
HERoO (SB) calls.
UUTG folds
HERO calls.

HERO checks.
VILLAIN bets 7.
HERO raises to 22.
VILLAIN calls.

Turn: :7c::ad::2d::4d:
Pot: 59
Eff stack: 92

HERO?

Can you get better hands to fold with a bet? No, I dont think AA is folding here.
Can you get worse hands to call with a bet? Maybe a hand with a single diamond. But worse hands without a diamond are probably folding.
I'm probably checking here which will put V in a position to fire his flushes and bluffs.
Villain raised from the BB pre and I cant think of many suited diamond combos that the BB 3bets without the Ad. SO I dont think there are many flushes in V's range. I think BB flats an UTG open and a call with KQs, KJs, QJs. Maybe BB chooses to ISO these hands to get HU but she will be OOP in a bloated pot which isnt a great place to be.
I think that you're probably good here unless he has AA.

Sorry for the long delay. I've been off of work dealing with a child care crisis. I'll get to this today after the oldest is at school.

So I can catch up here. I like everything as played so far. I am assuming the amounts are in BB.

I don't mind the flat pre with 77 for the exact reason you said, respect for the early open, it's miserable to get 4 bet with this hand pre. Against a late position open you will not get 4 bet as often and playing back makes more sense in that situation.

Flop is pretty standard. I think you should try and get stacks in, and check-raising seems to be the best way to try and accomplish that now or on the turn.

The turn card can be tough. But really 3 betting an EP open and a call, how many two-diamond hands does villain really have without :ad: ? I see villain having plenty of one diamond though, AX or maybe even pairs TT-KK that can now call a bet holding a diamond, and you need to collect from those hands. If villain has AA or :kd::qd: so be it. But villain probably has a lot more of the one diamond hands I am describing and giving a draw away for free is a disaster.

Another reason to bet the turn is if villain does not have a diamond he may just give it up. Saving you from the risk of being pushed off the winner if a diamond does hit the river.

So yes, bet the turn. I think 30 is a half pot bet and should show a profit if villain is calling with flush draws. This also leaves about a half pot shove on the river if called, or the pot will be laying 3:1 if villain does decide to shove.

Last edited:
So Hero thinks with the Ad out there, there are less flushes in villain's range. Hero decides to go for value against AxXd holdings, KxKd, QxQd, or whatever other nonsense a Villain making a non-sensical sized 3 bet out of the BB. This sets up a nice half pot river jam on safe rivers should we want to do it. If Villain raises, we may have to vomit.

UTG raises to 2
HERoO (SB) calls.
UUTG folds
HERO calls.

HERO checks.
VILLAIN bets 7.
HERO raises to 22.
VILLAIN calls.

Turn: :7c::ad::2d::4d:
Pot: 59
Eff stack: 92

HERO bets 27.5
VILLAIN calls.

River: :7c::ad::2d::4d::kd:
Pot: 114
Eff stack: 64.5

HERO?

Hero pukes!
9 diamonds left and 45 cards we cant see. V probably doesnt have two diamonds but may have one.
At least the Ad and Kd are out there. So AxQd could take this line, Maybe QxQd and AxJd but offsuit that seems like a wide 3!.
Not too many other diamonds that would be a part of a hand that would take this line IMHO.
I may roll the dice and block bet 32 here and fold to a raise.

Last edited:
Hero pukes!
Yeah pretty much,

I think nothing to do but check here. Really hard to put villain on anything weaker that can call. Even AK is probably going to find the muck. This hand has been reduced to a bluff catcher.

But it is interesting this is the :kd: which does diminish some of the one-diamond combos we assumed. I'm probably only willing to give villain credit for the :qd: :jd: or :td: here. Still, I think there are enough combos of single diamond flushes with these three to fold to a bet. AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ, TT all with one diamond for sure. Though maybe the :jd: and :td: are going to check back? Also villain would have to assume even with a check, we have a lot of combos with the same single diamonds as played.

I think check and hope for a check back. (Which may still happen somewhat frequently.) If villain bets, there are probably enough villain combos to lay it down.

Conclusion

On a phone and copy paste doesn't work correctly, so just giving the action.

HERO checks.
VILLAIN jams 64.5 into 114.

Hero tanks. With the Kd out there it really reduces the hands that have diamonds that VILLAIN would have raised pre. Villain is basically saying he has QdQx or QdJd. There really aren't any other value hands. The reason I think this is that this is def a rec player given the sizing pre. And I'm not sure this villain would even bet QdQx on the flop, nor 3 bet so small with that pre. Villain would almost certainly have jammed most small flushes on turn as well if he had gotten frisky with 6d7d or something similar pre. Getting decent odds. There are only 4 real value hands, 3 of which seem somewhat unlikely. And it's the micros and people do weird stuff.

HERO calls.
VILLAIN shows :4h::5h:.
HERO wins.

I’m not saying I’d play it different, but calling river without a diamond is something you have to really look deep into your soul and ask yourself “why am I such a donkey atm station”

Nice call

I’m not saying I’d play it different, but calling river without a diamond is something you have to really look deep into your soul and ask yourself “why am I such a donkey atm station”

Nice call
GTO is cool and all. But sometimes you just know!

Also when he flips over 45hh, there goes your Kd blocking his flushes reasoning

Yep. Noted that on him.
Oh is this not an anonymous game? (I assumed it was, but I guess fast-food games don't have to be anonymous.) Then it probably makes sense to take more reads into consideration.

Very well done by the way. I think I would have talked myself into this fold, but admit it's tempting given the river is the :kd:

I am glad you really thought this through and found the call.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom