PAHWM - ATo blind vs blind (1 Viewer)

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Online PCF cashgame €0.1/0.2

4th game we've played. Villain is positionally aware, is active and 3-bets quite frequently. I have seen him 4-bet bluff occassionally. Villain probably views hero as somewhat tight although he has seen me call a 4-bet with 66 and call a cbet on a T-high board (also 4-handed). I have mostly shown good hands this session.
Was an 8-handed game but only 4 are still playing. Lots of 3-betting going on since we became shorthanded.

CO 21.52
Btn 131.90
SB (villain) 42.25
BB (hero) 66.28

CO and Btn folds and villain opens to 0.60

Hero has :as::td:
hero?

I think a mix of call and 3bet. Though I'd much rather be suited to 3 bet as you can apply more pressure on more boards. Blind vs blind I don't think 3 betting ATo is a must. Raising from the SB still requires some sort of reasonable range. It's not like it's heads up where SB is also button.

Villain sounds like a fish that you generously describe as active. I hate him already. ;)

I think this is a clear 3bet. No use trying to trap him preflop when all you have is A high without any draws (maybe sometimes a gutshot) on most flops. Get money in when you're most likely ahead especially 200bb effective.
With your particular read, be prepared to take this hand all the way if he 4 bets.

I think a middling pocket pair would be a way better calling candidate. You can take 1 pair to showdown if need be vs a bluffy player and being in position you have more control over the pot size. Also you can hit big without taking away outs for him to make an expensive second best hand.

Last edited:
Villain sounds like a fish that you generously describe as active. I hate him already. ;)

I think this is a clear 3bet. No use trying to trap him preflop when all you have is A high without any draws (maybe sometimes a gutshot) on most flops. Get money in when you're most likely ahead especially 200bb effective.
With your particular read, be prepared to take this hand all the way if he 4 bets.

I think a middling pocket pair would be a way better calling candidate. You can take 1 pair to showdown if need be vs a bluffy player and being in position you have more control over the pot size. Also you can hit big without taking away outs for him to make an expensive second best hand.
Well, since he might see the thread I thought I should hide my true feelings of his play :D.

No, but this was an interesting hand, one that I’m pretty sure I screwed up

I am typically a "call" here, but I could see the case to get rowdy with a 3-bet if I wanted to commit to making a positional play through this hand.

*disclaimer: I am not a good poker player :)

I am typically a "call" here, but I could see the case to get rowdy with a 3-bet if I wanted to commit to making a positional play through this hand.

*disclaimer: I am not a good poker player :)
Neither am I :D

Looks like a mix of sometimes calling and sometimes 3-betting is the way to go here. I agree and because of current game flow I decided to 3-bet to 1.80 Villain makes a speech saying something like ”well, then I’ll take my 74 and 4-bet it” (we have video/audio) and 4-bets to 4.80

Hero?

This spot is super standard. Not much of a decision at all.

You're calling or 3 betting ~70% of a 3x open against a SB open while in the BB. ATo is a very standard call. AJo is mainly 3bet while sometimes call. AQo is always 3bet.

If you think the SB fold too much to a 3bet, then you can 3bet more with a polarized range. If you think the SB calls too much to a 3bet, then 3bet more with a merged range.

Looks like a mix of sometimes calling and sometimes 3-betting is the way to go here. I agree and because of current game flow I decided to 3-bet to 1.80 Villain makes a speech saying something like ”well, then I’ll take my 74 and 4-bet it” (we have video/audio) and 4-bets to 4.80

Hero?

What he said before he 4bet is irrelevant. You should ignore any table talk, any "tells" unless you've been playing with this person for years and years or you are absolutely sure. That stuff is just fluff.

ATo is a fold against a 4bet.

What he said before he 4bet is irrelevant. You should ignore any table talk, any "tells" unless you've been playing with this person for years and years or you are absolutely sure. That stuff is just fluff.

ATo is a fold against a 4bet.
What if I can use my white magic and turn his ill-advised little speech against him? :ninja:

Hero?
Jam! Why is it taking so long?

I was afraid it was this hand you're talking about. Well good thing we're here to judge your play, young man. :D
Oh yes, I hate most of my decisions in this hand. I deserve to be told I suck :eek:

Seems no one wants to disagree with @Changster that ATo is a fold vs the 4-bet. Hero agrees, but folding is no fun and I thought there was an above average chance villain could be bluffing. Hence, hero calls the 4.80 and we take a flop :wtf:

:ah::3s::9d: (9.60)

villain c-bets 3.20
Hero?

Last edited:
That rules out a fold.

So Hero raised? Or just called to set up/self inflict more pain later.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom