PAHWM: Another spewy Ignition Zone hand (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
25NL 6-max anonymous fast fold. No reads, no HUDs.
Hero in BB is effective stack with $21.97 after posting BB. UTG folds, +1 opens to $0.75 which is standard.
Folds to Hero in BB with :ac::tc:

Hero?

I can see arguments for calling and raising. Never folding a suited broadway A from the BB in 6 max to one raise.

I think this hand is acceptable as a blind defense candidate. Let's call.

I would rather not three bet without some reason. No villain reads make that hard.

Also, the hand is only ~88 BB deep. Right now the SPR is going to be in the speculative hand area and Hero has said speculative hand. A three bet makes it close to a "top pair" sort of environment and hero's so-so ace is not the best candidate for that lower SPR situation.

And as most know, I truly hate being out of position. Let's see a 3bb flop and go from there. I am feeling kind of fit or fold on the flop.

Hero makes the call. Not interested in playing a bloated pot OOP vs early/middle position range. Would 3 bet vs CO/BN/SB.

Flop comes :7c::4c::2h:.
Pot is $1.60. Hero in BB with :ac::tc:is effective stack with $21.47.

Hero?

I’m betting a $1, and flatting a reraise. You’re basically a flip against most single pair hands.

Check and call some and raise some. Probably leaning towards raising more often than calling since this flop doesn’t favor the early position opener’s range as much as it does ours. We can fold out a lot better Ax and KQ type hands and put overpairs in a tough spot.

If he calls we can bet turn if it’s a club, A, 3, 5, 6, 8 as those latter completes OESDs and gut shots

This is a good board for a c-bet - i.e. Hero should expect villain to c-bet with a high frequency. Let's have Hero do a fancy play.

Check, planning to check raise. Will also bet on most turns.

Variance will be high when villain doesn't fold -=- DrStrange

Often check raise this board as HERO can also have an the sets in his range in this spot. Check calling isn't out of the question based on bet size, but if HERO is going to raise sets on this board, the only real bluffs HERO can have to balance are 56s and flush draws.

Hero in BB holds :ac::tc: and is effective stack with $21.97 after posting BB.
UTG folds, +1 opens to $0.75 which is standard.
Hero flats.

Pot is $1.60.

Hero checks to X/R this flop as noted above it strongly favors our range and we have a decent amount of equity with our NFD.
Villain cbets $0.76 or half pot. Villain has $33.61 behind and covers Hero.
Hero raises 4x to $3.04 leaving $18.43 behind.
Villain re-raises just under 3x to $8.74 leaving $25.63 behind.

Hero?

High variance but I would ship it. It’s pretty likely we’re up against an overpair. We block AA so we’re gonna have three aces and 9 clubs pretty often. He will have sets as well but he will also have inferior flush draws and possibly some straight draws. I’m too lazy to check but I suspect we’re doing fine against such a range

I agree, this looks like a shove. Not thrilled with the situation, but Hero's draws have plenty of equity vs villain's range. [ and we aren't shocked to be here, this outcome was going to happen often enough ]

How much fold equity does Hero have? It has been so long since I played on-line poker, I don't have a clue. Given Hero's shove is somewhat less than a pot sized bet I think Hero has almost no fold equity. But every drop of fold equity is significant to Hero's bottom line here.

Good luck! -=- DrStrange

As played, I agree shoving is better than calling and playing turns.

If you include some high FD's and combo draws like KQcc/KJcc/56cc/68cc in villain's range, your equity improves by quite a bit. As stated by others, I do think it's better to mix flop X/R and X/C with this combination than treating it as a pure X/R. A5cc and A3cc are likely X/R'd 100% given they're flatted preflop, though.

One final note - I don't think you'll need to X/R quite this large on this texture to generate the same amount of fold equity.

Hero in BB holds :ac::tc: and is effective stack with $21.97 after posting BB.
UTG folds, +1 opens to $0.75 which is standard.
Hero flats.

Pot is $1.60.

Hero checks to X/R this flop as noted above it strongly favors our range and we have a decent amount of equity with our NFD.
Villain cbets $0.76 or half pot. Villain has $33.61 behind and covers Hero.
Hero raises 4x to $3.04 leaving $18.43 behind.
Villain re-raises just under 3x to $8.74 leaving $25.63 behind.

Very little fold equity here - @Eriks and I went through the same analysis. Villain only has 3 combos of :7x::7x:. We block :ax::ax: and we're flipping against everything else. At least one of our overcards is likely live in addition to the NFD.

Hero jams. Villain calls showing :9c::9d:
Turn is :ah:
River is :8c:
Hero scoops pot of $42.54 ($2 rake).

That's a really aggressive play with 99 Villain made. At best he gets it in flipping. Better in position to just call and evaluate. But that's why the micros are the micros.

It's entirely possible. There are plenty of people that came up through the micros. You do have to make adjustments. You should really be playing very tight. You should also 3 bet aggressively to try and win as many pots pre as possible when there is no rake.

I grinded from $60 to $2k on Ignition/Bovada in 2016-2018 playing in my spare time.

The check-raise is okay here. It's justifiable to take a semi-bluff line. My only reservation is that it doesn't set up your shove sizing that well.

Personally, I might have donked into Villain for $1. If he calls, I get a relatively cheap turn card for my draw and will re-evaluate my hand when it comes. If he raises (presumably to $4 or $5), I shove.

This is just one of those hands that you can play a few different ways, and it's hard to say that many of them are wrong.

It's entirely possible. There are plenty of people that came up through the micros. You do have to make adjustments. You should really be playing very tight. You should also 3 bet aggressively to try and win as many pots pre as possible when there is no rake.

I grinded from $60 to $2k on Ignition/Bovada in 2016-2018 playing in my spare time.

Yeah - I played .02/.05 for most of last year and moved up as I was a winning player. .10/.25 has much more aggression and the tighter I play the better i do (duh, I guess). I just watch Rick Solomon on High Stakes Poker 3 betting Q8s in the CO and doubling up when he turns a boat or something and really want to loosen up ... I play Global Poker and it is a total nitfest - Ignition is looser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom