PAHWM: AJ sooted in MP (1 Viewer)

1/2 NLHE

Hero has about $250. Main villain (BTN) has slightly less.

Button straddle to $4.
SB calls
BB calls
UTG calls
UTG1 calls
Hero has :as::js:

So I do raise. Probably a little small at $20. It seemed big as the first raiser, but in retrospect, I may have narrowed the field with $25-30. Maybe not.

Folds around to BTN, who calls
SB folds
BB calls
UTG calls
UTG1 calls

Pot $100

Flop :kd::th::2s:

Checks to hero.

Hero decides to check, hoping to peel a free (or at least cheap) card.

BTN bet $55
BB calls
UTG folds
UTG1 calls

Pot $265

Hero's eyes were bigger than his stomach, and the $265 enticed him to make a call.

Pot $310. Hero has about $170 behind.

Turn :8s:

Hero now has a nut flush draw to go with the gutter and one over card.

I never considered that an A would give me the best hand, as there were a couple sets (TT and 22) and two pair hands, plus AKo in villain's range. KQ and KJ were possibilities, but unlikely.

Action on hero.
If your only outs are the flush outs....9x2=18%, so you need 5:1 odds just to break even long run. Pot is currently laying you less than 2:1. You would need all three people to call to make this bet worth your while. I don't think you have the fold equity to get it thru.

The flop call was really bad. This seems like throwing good money after bad.

It's still a check/fold.

If your only outs are the flush outs....9x2=18%, so you need 5:1 odds just to break even long run. Pot is currently laying you less than 2:1. You would need all three people to call to make this bet worth your while. I don't think you have the fold equity to get it thru.

The flop call was really bad. This seems like throwing good money after bad.

It's still a check/fold.
Queen outs are still good, no? Should be 12 outs x 2 ~ 24%. More like 4-1. I check and call if BB bets and at least 1 caller behind.

Seriously Andrew WTF man? There should be some kind of penalty for waiting a week to post results. Nothing too extreme - but maybe mixng a spoonful of Scorpion Pepper hot sauce into your toothpaste sounds about right.
All I know about this hand was there was some excitement that caused @Beakertwang to stand up. One person across the table noticed a white stain on the left pant leg when he stood. There were whispers and awkward stares. @Beakertwang blushes awkwardly and explains his job as a painter and why the “paint” was on his pants. There is an awkward silence for about 14 seconds and then the dealer clears her throat and proceeds to finish the hand. :D

Sorry, everybody. My weekend was non-stop, then I forgot about this last night.

Checked to me. I check folded to the button's jam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom