PAHWM 4 handed Crazy Tuesday Night Fun Time (2 Viewers)

As I was getting at above, if we see this river we are at least calling. I don’t raise because as described this guy is likely to lay down anything we’re ahead of to a reraise.

does V ever check raise the flop and barrell away on turn & river with 4th nuts (AT) or worse? We know he can’t have 2nuts (you do), and your range is way more likely to have AA than anyone else in this hand.

I think if you think Villain is playing his best you probably need to fold.

Last edited:
Turn is the :5h:. Villain bets pot, which is $105.75.

Tough spot, but I think it’s still too early to fold. Villain could easily have AT with some low cards, I want to see a river and reevaluate.

River is the :kd:.

Villain pots bets pot, which is $317.25. He has $345.50 behind, Hero has him covered by about $600. Do we call? Raise?? Fold???
Unless hero knows villain well enough that he would check AT on the river and not TT, I think if hero called turn, he should follow through on the river that doesn't change anything. At least you are calling for the whole pot now with the low draw busting.

I don't love the spot, I think I checked out on the flop and on the turn.

Easier call now. I’d expect to win enough to justify. Obviously we will sometimes lose to quads but so it goes.

To recap, 4 handed .25/.50 6 card O-8.

UTG ($819.25) Raises to $1.

Hero ($1515.50) has :qd::jd::ad::2s::qc::ah:

Hero raises to $3.75

SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls. 3 to a flop of:
:ac::ts::th:. $11.75 in the pot, SB and and UTG check it to us.

We pot, SB folds, then UTG repots to $47.

I decide to flat and see what develops.

Tough spot, but I think it’s still too early to fold. Villain could easily have AT with some low cards, I want to see a river and reevaluate.

Villain pots bets pot, which is $317.25.

It was a tough decision, and I went into the tank which I rarely do. It being 6 card means quad tens occur with way more frequency than in 4 or 5 card. I tried to put myself in Villains shoes and wondering what he was trying to get a call from.

Aces are very clearly in my range and unlikely to be in his since I potted pre and he just flatted. I called a repot on the flop and a huge bet on the turn, what could I possibly have from his perspective other than AT at a minimum. And if I did have AT and have AA in my range, that means he couldn't have quads, so trying to blow me off the hand with just AT would be very risky since I probably shouldn't be folding AA too often. It just felt more likely to me that he had TT, hoping to get max value from AA, so I wound up folding.

Hand #27839-160 - 2022-08-24 03:24:48
Game: PL 6-Card Omaha Hi-Lo (50 - 200) - Blinds 0.25/0.50
Site: Rungood Lounge
Table: Degen Heptagram
Seat 1: RomanDaWhale (819.25)
Seat 2: bostonmace (155.25) - sitting out
Seat 3: Chippy (1515.50)
Seat 5: LuckyNOTgood (407.50)
Seat 7: Am_I_Clay (354.75)
Chippy has the dealer button
LuckyNOTgood posts small blind 0.25
Am_I_Clay posts big blind 0.50
** Hole Cards ** [4 players]
Dealt to Chippy [Qd Jd Ad 2s Qc Ah]
RomanDaWhale raises to 1
Chippy raises to 3.75
LuckyNOTgood calls 3.50
Am_I_Clay folds
RomanDaWhale calls 2.75
** Flop ** [Ac Ts Th]
LuckyNOTgood checks
RomanDaWhale checks
Chippy bets 11.75
LuckyNOTgood folds
RomanDaWhale raises to 47
Chippy calls 35.25
** Turn ** [5h]
RomanDaWhale bets 105.75
Chippy calls 105.75
** River ** [Kd]
RomanDaWhale bets 317.25
Chippy folds and shows [?? ?? Ad ?? ?? Ah]
RomanDaWhale refunded 317.25
RomanDaWhale wins Pot (317.25)
Rake (0) Pot (317.25) Players (RomanDaWhale: 156.50, Chippy: 156.50, LuckyNOTgood: 3.75, Am_I_Clay: 0.50)

To recap, 4 handed .25/.50 6 card O-8.

UTG ($819.25) Raises to $1.

Hero ($1515.50) has :qd::jd::ad::2s::qc::ah:

Hero raises to $3.75

SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls. 3 to a flop of:
:ac::ts::th:. $11.75 in the pot, SB and and UTG check it to us.

We pot, SB folds, then UTG repots to $47.

I decide to flat and see what develops.

Villain pots bets pot, which is $317.25. He has $345.50 behind, Hero has him covered by about $600. Do we call? Raise?? Fold???
Pot is huge. Call is ok here. If we don't get max value from AT, that's ok. LOVE the river card, no low and nothing new beats us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom