PAHWM: 25 NL Zone KJo in UTG multiway (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Standard open from Hero. HJ and SB call.

1630499815309.png

Hero flops TPGK and action X to Hero. Hero?

1630499844369.png

A lot of straight draws, but the SB really shouldn't have the lower ones, especially the gutters, very often. Both villains can have all the sets and T9s. But so can you most of the time. So fairly neutral flop I think. Bet 1/3 pot and see what happens. While it isn't the dryest flop in the world, it's multiway, so you don't have to bet very large.

Hero doesnt feel like this flop favors anyone's range really as 55, 88, 9T & 67 is in SB range, 55, 88 & 9T is in HJ range. I have 88, JJ & KK so maybe a slight advantage on the sets as I am uncapped. I dont think I can get better hands to fold (e.g. AJ, JJ, 88, 55) and while worse hands will call, those will be drawing hands and a bet here wont get a fold so wont deny their equity. Given the lack of FE and the number of draws Hero decides to X here. Not looking to build a pot with this hand multiway as if I am ahead there are too many draws to dodge right now.

Illustrating my lack of FE: HJ bets about 3/4 pot and SB calls. Hero?

1630517761957.png

You can't just go folding top pair every time this happens. Plenty of worse hands that can bet and call on this flop given the texture. Call and evaluate turn.

I also don't hate the flop check. I think the flop is a pretty clear mixed strategy spot.

Agreed. Hero calls. As I dont have a nutted hand or drawing equity to improve to the nuts I cant raise and with TP I cant fold here.
I think outside of sets I am likely ahead here.
Turn looks brickish and SB leads for 1/2 pot. Hero?

1630521874155.png

Super weird play. In a non-GTO way, I interpret this bet in 2 ways. A draw trying to set a price, or a strong made hand that doesn't want it to check through. Our hand isn't really strong enough to raise with someone left to act, but we can't just fold.

If we WERE to raise here, it's a weird merge spot. I can see the SB still calling with the straight draws. But there aren't many, if any, worse value hands that will call. We would look really strong raising in the middle here like we flopped a set.

Weird spot. I call. Fold to HJ raise. Otherwise, evaluate river.

Agree with your feedback on this one. No way he gets there with 22 and hits his set now and spazzes as 22 is folding flop IMHO.
Cant see any other strong hand that would lead here and risk killing the action / getting folds from Hero and HJ. I do think it is unlikely to X through if SB X.
I did think about raising but if anyone has 55 or 88 here it is HJ so I just flatted.
HJ folds ...
Turn brings in 67 but is otherwise a brick. SB bets 3/4 pot. Hero?

1630528795741.png

Gross.

Usually when things don't make sense I just call. He could still be bluffing with T9, QT. And given the kind some random spaz stuff. I would not be shocked to see some weird JT or QJ either.

Though I also wouldn't be shocked to see him have a very oddly played flopped set or J8.

Agreed. Turn and river didnt make sense. I called and scooped. Wanted to post this to see if I'm too much of a station! Glad we're on the same page :)

1630548862419.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom