PAHWM: 25 NL Zone @ Ignition (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Anonymous fast-fold 25NL at Ignition. No reads, no HUDs.

Hero is effective stack with 96 BB. Folds to Hero in SB with :9s::jc:. Hero opens to 3BB (standard open).
Villain in BB calls. Pot is 6 BB. Flop is :9c::3s::7d:.

Hero bets 3BB. Villain raises to 8BB. Hero?

Last edited:
I hate the open preflop and I fold to the raise. I don't see any benefit to keep going here

You dont open the SB with J9o? Are you folding this hand when the action folds to you in the SB pre-flop?
I definitely don't open the SB with J9o. I'd just complete the action I guess. I just see these spots as being completely pointless really and if you get a call you end up being out of position with a really poor hand.

Now you've flopped top pair, and are facing a raise. What a dreadful spot with top pair jack kicker. Lot of bad turns for you even if you are ahead. It's just one of those marginal spots I don't like getting involved in.

Ok. I almost never call when it folds to me in SB. I almost always fold/RFI.
I have seen BB punish flats very often with a large raise as the flat is perceived as weak as it is often representative of a weak hand that wont continue to a raise.

Ok. I almost never call when it folds to me in SB. I almost always fold/RFI.
I have seen BB punish flats very often with a large raise as the flat is perceived as weak as it is often representative of a weak hand that wont continue to a raise.
Then I'd rather flat most of my range and punish him right back if he's doing it with a wide range.

I will say we are looking pretty good vs what I think represents a BB defend range. 75% equity & hand is best 92% of the time.

1614464499794.png

Versus this smaller-sized raise, this looks like a clear call. My guess is that you should play pretty balanced in a format like zone, and it would be way too exploitable to fold (villain can profitably raise any hand). Be prepared to fold on a lot of turns though.

Agreed. The raise size seemed odd. Like a medium strength hand that didnt want to commit too much money but was hoping that I fold if I didnt connect with the flop. Something like A7.

Hero is effective stack with 96 BB. Folds to Hero in SB with :9s::jc:. Hero opens to 3BB (standard open).

Hero bets 3BB. Villain raises to 8BB. Hero calls.
Pot is 22 BB. Turn is :9c::3s::7d: :4c:

Villain checks. Hero?

Agreed. The raise size seemed odd. Like a medium strength hand that didnt want to commit too much money but was hoping that I fold if I didnt connect with the flop. Something like A7.

Villain checks. Hero?
How did this play out?

I fat fingered - Villain didnt check turn as Hero was in SB. Here's how it went:

Hero bets 15.68 BB. Villain calls.

Pot is 53.36 BB. River is :9c::3s::7d: :4c: :4s:
Hero bets 38.04 BB. Villain folds.

Villain had :th::8s: :D

Last edited:
Good play. I am not sure exactly how I would have played it, however I may have check-called the river. On the river, no draws came in, and you can't expect villain to call with much weaker holdings? and it may be a touch too thin to 3rd barrel the J9 for value. (Maybe i'm nitty). If you get called on the river, are you ahead 50% of the time?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom