PAHWM: .25/.50 PLO (1 Viewer)

CraigT78

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Reading @Anthony Martino's thread has inspired me to play more PLO. I mean, if he can do it anyone can! (USA!)

Anyway, here we go.

Seat 4: Hero ($400)
Seat 5: Fish, new to the Windy Crest, not very good ($107)
Seat 6: Solid Player, but often over values a made hand with no redraws ($97)
(Button) Seat 7: Fish, Hold Em player who doesn't fully understand PLO ($43)
Seat 8: Very LAG type player ($108)

Hero is in the BB

Seat 5 calls $.50
Seat 6 folds
Seat 7 calls $.50
Seat 8 completes to $.50

Hero has :td::jd::kd::ac:

Action?

Last edited:
Is this a five handed game? Did seat 5 fold? Did the button open-limp? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am torn between hating Hero's position and liking his cards. This isn't a top of the line hand - the flush draw isn't the nut and the 3rd diamond is a flush blocker. But it is a pretty good hand.

If this is a five handed game where the villains are the button and small blind, I think Hero should raise pot. Primarily fit/fold post flop. Omaha is not so much a game where Heroes should be c-betting air very often.

Knowing THIS hero, I'd expect he c-bets a lot wider range of hands than I do. We shall have to wait till the hands winds down to see how things work out -=- DrStrange

Just gonna sit here and watch what others say, see if I can pick up some PLO knowledge :)

Is this a five handed game? Did seat 5 fold? Did the button open-limp? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am torn between hating Hero's position and liking his cards. This isn't a top of the line hand - the flush draw isn't the nut and the 3rd diamond is a flush blocker. But it is a pretty good hand.

If this is a five handed game where the villains are the button and small blind, I think Hero should raise pot. Primarily fit/fold post flop. Omaha is not so much a game where Heroes should be c-betting air very often.

Knowing THIS hero, I'd expect he c-bets a lot wider range of hands than I do. We shall have to wait till the hands winds down to see how things work out -=- DrStrange
Yes - 5 handed game. Game was full earlier, but it's getting late, 1 am, and things are winding down.

Seat 5 calls $.50
Seat 6 folds
Seat 7 calls $.50
Seat 8 completes to $.50

Hero's action.

I think this is a good hand, but still a pretty clear check from the BB position given other limpers.

If one of the diamonds could change to club, making the ace suited, I would make this hand clearly worth a raise as it solves all of the limitations @DrStrange points out. There may be an argument to raise this based solely on the skill advantage over the opposition as described.

But I think we just take the free flop with a better than average hand here.

I think this is a good hand, but still a pretty clear check from the BB position given other limpers. I am operating under the assumption that seat 5 folded and the button is in seat 7.

If one of the diamonds could change to club, making the ace suited, I would make this hand clearly worth a raise as it solves all of the limitations @DrStrange points out. There may be an argument to raise this based solely on the opposition as described.

But I think we just take the free flop with a better than average hand here.
Op updated. LOL, I am new at this :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

5-handed against a week field, I’m raising pot. The more money in the pot pre allows for more money made if you smash it.

Let's raise the pot and target that small stack on the button. It'd allow you to get most of his stack (if not all of it) on the turn.

With two fish in the mix and having position on the LAG, I like potting and expect everyone to come along.

Reading @Anthony Martino's thread has inspired me to play more PLO. I mean, if he can do it anyone can! (USA!)

Anyway, here we go.

Seat 4: Hero ($400)
Seat 5: Fish, new to the Windy Crest, not very good ($107)
Seat 6: Solid Player, but often over values a made hand with no redraws ($97)
(Button) Seat 7: Fish, Hold Em player who doesn't fully understand PLO ($43)
Seat 8: Very LAG type player ($108)

Hero is in the BB

Seat 5 calls $.50
Seat 6 folds
Seat 7 calls $.50
Seat 8 completes to $.50

Hero has :td::jd::kd::ac:

Action?

sounds like I picked the wrong night to take off!

I’m raising to $2 in this game. Too many times when there is a pot raise preflop everyone goes on high alert and play better post flop. They don’t chase as much worried they are against a monster. $2 will still get the pot built up for flop and later bets and disguise our hand strength if we flop very well.

This is WC online specific play. In other settings I’d raise pot.

I'm a nit, ESPECIALLY when OOP.

Our hand IS good, but it's not amazing. We have one 2nd nfd with another diamond blocking us. It's doubtful we can run a naked Ace bluff on these guys

I check our option and see a flop. Not a fan of bloating pots when we are OOP the whole hand

I think much of the decision process depends on your read of the other players. If you have a couple of fish that really don’t know what they are doing in PLO, I like a raise here. I agree with the bet sizing suggested by @Rhodeman77 .

Okay - this was an easy decision for me. I felt like this was a solid hand considering who I was up against.

Hero - hits the pot button and makes it $2.50

Seat 5 calls ($100 behind)
Seat 7 calls ($40 behind)
Seat 8 raises to $12.50 ($100 behind)

Notes on Seat 8:
will re-pot preflop when raised,
will either shove or fold to aggression,
rarely flats,
action junkie
slows down when whiffs

Action to hero?

I call here. I think you are marginally ahead of Seat 8’s range. I don’t love either folding or raising. Problem is if you call and all four see the flop, effective SPR is around 2. If you hit the flop at all, you pretty much have to go with it.

Okay - this was an easy decision for me. I felt like this was a solid hand considering who I was up against.

Notes on Seat 8:
rarely flats,
action junkie
slows down when whiffs

Action to hero?

Repot, fuck that guy

Notes on Seat 8:
rarely flats,
action junkie
slows down when whiffs

Action to hero?

Well if we had this note on seat 8 in the OP, I would have been far more firm on calling to avoid opening ourselves up to this.

Still this hand is good enough enough to take a flop against this villain, even if it's short of "premium." But we are OOP in a bloated pot with potentially only one opponent. I would rather be in a small pot with many opponents trying to hit this hand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom