PAHWM - .25/.50 NLHE w/ QQ (2 Viewers)

Finale

HERO jams.
VILLAIN times out and folds. And comments during his time down "that sucks."

Everything up to the last decision IMO is very standard. I would bet this flop with 100% of range for the same size. Easy size up on turn with that particular card. When the opponent raises he is basically saying he has Q9, 97, 99, 33, 77, or turned a combo draw if it's not some fancy bluff,. He has an overpair here basically never given his 3 betting tendencies. 2 pair and sets will very likely call a jam, and even a good combo draw might.

I briefly contemplated calling, but since I was OOP and didn't want to have to make weird decisions on bad rivers, I just jammed. Plus there is no guarantee he pulls the trigger on the third barrel if he's bluffing. Had I been in position, I think a call makes more sense as I can still value bet if checked to.

Unfortunately, because of stack size, the shove was about 1.3x pot and scared away what looked a lot like Tc8cgiven the exact action. I expect JcTc would have raised flop a decent amount of the time.

I'll have a more interesting hand to share later today.

A final note on this hand.

Being out of position is seriously the worst thing in poker. In this hand, I am basically forced to give away the strength of my hand on the turn with the jam. Given the range my opponent is repping, I basically can't be jamming with worse than 2 pair for value except maybe some AA and KK if I feel villain is too aggressive. My main bluffs would be nut flush draws and combo draws. But if my opponent did have a combo draw, he basically knows that my only bluffs are nut flush draws now. So I'm heavily weighted toward value.

Being OOP is just awful.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom