PAHWM: .25/.50 NLHE TPTK on Wet Board (1 Viewer)

Legend5555

Full House
Reaction score
Same session and villain as the QQ hand posted yesterday. This hand actually came before the QQ hand.

No real reads other than villain in this hand is a thinking player. 3 bets a good amount pre, and with good sizing. Plays fairly well post from what i've seen. Nothing glaringly bad. Though his preflop raise sizes are not always uniform, but I haven't been around long enough to see if there is any rhyme or reason to the sizing yet. He tends to min raise more often than the other sizings though.

4 handed
.25/.50 NLHE
Eff stack $67.50

VILLAIN (CO) raises to $1
Button folds.
SB folds.
HERO (BB) with :ac::qh:

Call or raise? If raise, what size?

If we 3-bet to $5 and get called, we can pot flops to commit ourselves on non-scary turns.

Let's go!

What is the standard open at this table? $1 seems small.
I'm 3! to $4 but am ok with a call here too.
Each player has had their own standard open size. This VILLAIN varied, but he mostly did min raises.

Continued

4 handed
.25/.50 NLHE
Eff stack $67.50

Button folds.
SB folds.

HERO raises to $4.
VILLAIN calls.

Pot: $8
Eff Stack $63.50

Flop: :td::qs::9d:

Action on HERO. What's the play?

I’m betting $6. Targeting QJ/KQ/AJ/JT/JJ/FDs. Will mostly flat a raise depending on size and check/eval turn.

Yeah but this board is too wet for me to call a $18 raise OOP with TPTK. That's why I check/call here.
I don’t mind that line sometimes either, but I think I’m mainly betting

I don’t see Hero gettin more than 2 bets (at best) from a worse hand. I like a delayed C bet here. Let’s hope for a clean turn card before betting.

Hero doesn’t block any of the flush and straight draws. Let’s play some pot control and see what the turn brings. Big drawing hands are much more willing to gamble with 2 cards to come than with only 1.

Continued

4 handed
.25/.50 NLHE
Eff stack $67.50

Button folds.
SB folds.

HERO raises to $4.
VILLAIN calls.

Eff Stack $63.50

HERO bets $5.75
VILLAIN calls.

Pot: $19.50
Eff Stack $57.75

Turn: :td::qs::9d::th:

His small preflop raise is still a large range and still hits this board most of the time. Still proceed with caution. Though I think 75% is quite large. I think a smaller bet 33% to 50% would be better sizing. With check/calling to reduce risk.

I’d go with check call here. Lots of pair plus straight draws just made trips. K10, J10, even A10 is now ahead. If Villain is behind still he may decide to start betting a worse hand with Hero checking twice now.

I’d go with check call here. Lots of pair plus straight draws just made trips. K10, J10, even A10 is now ahead. If Villain is behind still he may decide to start betting a worse hand with Hero checking twice now.
Hero bet flop, so he's not checking twice.

Continued

4 handed
.25/.50 NLHE
Eff stack $67.50

Button folds.
SB folds.

HERO raises to $4.
VILLAIN calls.

Eff Stack $63.50

HERO bets $5.75
VILLAIN calls.

Pot: $19.50
Eff Stack $57.75

Turn: :td::qs::9d::th:

HERO bets $10.25
VILLAIN calls.

Pot: $40
Eff Stack $47.50

River: :td::qs::9d::th::5c:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom