PAHWM: 2/5 scenario (1 Viewer)

grandmeme

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
8 handed with a $10 straddle currently on.

UTG+1 ($850) has shown that he likes to get involved. Previously seen him get it all in (~100BB with straddle) with just a top pair and shit kicker.

SB ($900) is a complete nit. In the previous orbit, he checked down top set turned top boat IP in a 3! pot on a rainbow, disconnected board because his opponent "had outs from quads"

Hero ($550) is on the button with :ad::ks:. I had previously lost two decent pots a few orbits ago ( both around ~$1100 each) getting it in with the nut straight with UTG+1 rivering a J high flush, and top boat getting cooled on the river so people are out to get me now as they think I'm tilted. (which is true, lol)

UTG+1 opens to $30 which folds to me. I 3! to $80 and SB and UTG+1 both come along. My alarm bells immediately start going off as I know SB is a nit and him cold calling my 3! OOP probably means he's strong.

Pot ($255)

Eff stack: $470

Flop comes :kd::5s::7d:.

SB and UTG+1 both check.
Hero?

Last edited:
Imo your 3 bet was too small. But with this stack size and the fact that you have the diamond blocker, I'm betting $85-$100 just to keep them both in if possible and planning to bet large or shove any turn, depending on how the action closes on the flop.

Imo your 3 bet was too small. But with this stack size and the fact that you have the diamond blocker, I'm betting $85-$100 just to keep them both in if possible and planning to bet large or shove any turn, depending on how the action closes on the flop.
I agree, looking over the hand I think I was hesitant to go larger but at the end of the day with only ~55 BB I think I'm very happy to get it in with AKo. Probably due to the last few hands I was probably worried that I'd get sucked out on again and was just hoping to take it down.

Going forward:

Hero ($550) is on the button with :ad::ks:.

UTG+1 ($850) opens to $30 and Hero 3! to $80. SB ($900) and UTG+1 both come along.

Pot ($255)

Flop comes :kd::5s::7d:

SB and UTG+1 check to Hero.

Hero bets $80 and they both flat.

Pot ($495)
Eff stack: $390

Turn: :kd::5s::7d::5d:

SB ($740) now leads for $80, and UTG+1 ($690) snap jams.

Hero?

I'd just fold here- your draw is no longer nutted, and you're basically hoping for a K or a diamond (and even with a flush, could still be drawing dead to a 77/75/55 - or if SB is truly a nit, KK).

Preflop wise, I think the 3! size is fine, you're only 55bb deep, and 8bb feels pretty good to 3! and fold here vs a 4bet (not with AK, but something like AJo/KQo)

I grumble and fold. That specific 5 is the one that sucks the most lol. They might be making a play to get us to fold AK with worse; in my head, it works.

Scare card + super nit leading into 2 players + player jamming makes it much easier to get out.

8 handed with a $10 straddle currently on.

UTG+1 ($850) has shown that he likes to get involved. Previously seen him get it all in (~100BB with straddle) with just a top pair and shit kicker.

SB ($900) is a complete nit. In the previous orbit, he checked down top set turned top boat IP in a 3! pot on a rainbow, disconnected board because his opponent "had outs from quads"

Hero ($550) is on the button with :ad::ks:. I had previously lost two decent pots a few orbits ago ( both around ~$1100 each) getting it in with the nut straight with UTG+1 rivering a J high flush, and top boat getting cooled on the river so people are out to get me now as they think I'm tilted. (which is true, lol)

UTG+1 opens to $30 which folds to me. I 3! to $80 and SB and UTG+1 both come along. My alarm bells immediately start going off as I know SB is a nit and him cold calling my 3! OOP probably means he's strong.

Pot ($255)

Flop comes :kd::5s::7d:.

SB and UTG+1 both check.
Hero?
This hand was doomed from the small 3 bet. All the scenarios point to "bet bigger" (straddle on, UTG1 wanting to get involved, SB nit, and AK), yet you made a tiny bet. We have 55 BB's with the straddle on, we gotta be ready and willing to get this in pre. I like a bet of at least $100 pre.

As played, I would Cbet flop to about $125, then fold the turn.

Agree about the comments about 3 bet sizing - definitely needed to charge more and get it in. Again, probably a little tilted on that day and wasn't playing my best game.

I ended up folding, obviously hard to fold that particular hand but with the board and action was an easy grumble fold.

The nit tank calls and river is a blank. UTG+1 shows :7c::7h: for a turned boat and the nit mucks.

Agree about the comments about 3 bet sizing - definitely needed to charge more and get it in. Again, probably a little tilted on that day and wasn't playing my best game.

I ended up folding, obviously hard to fold that particular hand but with the board and action was an easy grumble fold.

The nit tank calls and river is a blank. UTG+1 shows :7c::7h: for a turned boat and the nit mucks.
Good job. Tough hand, it happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom