PAHWM $2/5 NLHE AQs (1 Viewer)

I’ll guess pays the river bet off because of price, is shown 99 for rivered full house. Hope I’m wrong for Hero’s sake.

Sorry all, been a horrific week at work. How mad would everyone be if I said Hero folded and we don't know the results!

Thankfully for all of you Hero ponied up the $300 to call on the river.
20190324_125655.jpg

Then got shown this monster
20190324_125723.jpg

SB racked up right after this hand and left with his remaining ~1k.

Moral of the story: Never forget that in live poker the spaz move is always a possibility. Hero, aka me, was able to drag in an almost $2k pot that should've been ~$60.

Hand Analysis
Preflop and flop things couldn't have worked out better as we are heads up, in position, versus a super soft rec. FYI, my plan if button shoved was probably to fold, however, if SB called things get really interesting as I was thinking about jamming over the top. We also got a chance to narrow down SB range by the action to remove a lot of garbage he was playing and his premium hands like AA, KK, QQ, and AK.

After he bets I personally don't see a reason to ever raise as I want his bluffs to continue. Plus he probably folds everything worse to an all in and calls with everything better.

Lose: 99, 66, Q9, AsQx, KJss, JTss, Ts9s, 9s8s,
Chop: AxQx
Beat: KQ, AsJx, AsTx, JJ, JT, TT, 98, 88, 77, 76, 65, 55-22, Air

- I'd feel better about a Q62 flop as he has less 2 pair/straight +flush draw holdings.

My guess is he bet the flop because lol I have AK and thought he could pick up the pot. When the turn hits, he checks I think planning on giving up, hence the hesitation, but then figured he had a spade and a straight draw and calls.

I personally bet the turn here for value as it seemed like any hand he had with a spade would call. This has been a concept I'm been focusing on lately: "what can I get value from." On this turn I'm still ahead of lots of hands, even though some times I'll be dead. Again I wanted to play a big pot with SB so yeah I stuck with it. I liked the idea of a $400 bet, but then river stacks get weird so I sized down just a bit. I priced it so a set was getting incorrect odds to call if more money goes in.

Lose: 99, 66, KQ, Q9, AsQx, KJss (eliminate by board), JTss, JT, Ts9s, 9s8s
Chop: AxQx
Beat: AsJx, AsTx, JsJx, TsTx, Spade/straight draw hands

River bet caught me off guard a bit, but the pot is huge, and honestly the line he took is really odd. He is repping a full house, however there is only one 66 combo, and three 99 combos and should never have a 6 (76 or 56 fold the turn as they can't have a spade draw if it's suited w/6 being a spade). If he had a hand like Q9, even the bottom of my range containing one pair like AA, KK, AK is now ahead. His flushes and maybe straights CR jams the turn. Either way the story doesn't add up. 4 times he has a full house or better, sometimes we chop and a lot of the time he has a spade + pair.

Lose: 99, 66, KQ, Q9 ( both lose to my range) KJss, JTss, JT, Ts9s, 9s8s,
Chop: All AQ hands
Beat: AsJx, AsTx, JsJx, TsTx, Spade/straight hands

Happy that it worked out favorable obviously and hope you enjoyed this quirky hand with the added twist of the pictures.

I still like a Jam on the turn instead of the $325 bet. Who knows, SB may have called off thinking his draws were live and Hero would have actually gotten the full double up even! But more likely Hero takes down a nice pot already with no chance of losing Hero had to fade spades and Jacks while giving his opponent a decent price to call with some implied odds if he hits the J especially.

Nice win, chat that guy up and get him as a regular in your home game!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom