PAHWM: 10NL Blitz on ACR (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Don't have enough hands on V for HUD stats to be meaningful.
V RFI 2.5BB from HJ and folds to Hero on BN with TT.
Hero?

1667870908126.png

Probably just a call by the book, but I like a 3 bet. Make it 8 bigs.

I'd call if blinds aren't crazy aggressive, if they are I'd 3bet. If unknown, I'd lean towards call given slightly deeper stacks

I find it hard to believe that TT on the button is not a 3 bet vs HJ open.
If you switch effective stacks to 150bb you get to raise 41% of the time. As I said, even at 100bb I raise here pretty much 100% of the time.
If that makes me exploitable, so be it. I don't expect my home game player pool to pick up on this tendency and punish me for it anytime soon. ;)
pre chart.JPG

I find it hard to believe that TT on the button is not a 3 bet vs HJ open
I like a 3 bet, but here are a couple reasons why a call would be good:
-This is zoom, so out of line hands are much more rare (I stand by my statement that this is the worst format of poker outside of wild card games)
-we are in absolute position for the rest of the hand
-getting 4! would suck

I just don't want to get squeezed. If we get squeezed, is the plan to back 4 bet this if PFR folds? Because I hate double flatting. It's not that I never flat the button, but I'd rather do it with hands that are easier to fold to a squeeze.

I think this is a mix in GTO between call & 3! but I am 3! here 100% at this stack depth. It is very possible that a call will face a squeeze from the blinds owing to the aggression we see in fast fold games and I would prefer to avoid offering that option to the blinds. My standard size is 3x IP.

Hero raises to 7.5BB and V 4! to 22BB. Hero?

1667919472686.png

Hero does make the call. Gonna be tough for V to play this pot OOP at this SPR IMHO.
Position will give us major advantages post flop even if we miss a set.

Flop is monotone and V checks. Hero?

1667925403903.png

Hard to play this hand as villain? I must be missing something. Not considering this specific flop - monochrome board is polarizing.

Sure, villain is OOP but the SPR is barely over two. He holds a range advantage over Hero. Hero is going to be hard pressed to continue in the face of aggression.

What does Hero do vs a villain flop shove? Or vs a plain old C-bet with the high likelihood of a subsequent turn shove? Hero has a bluff catcher vs AK/AJ or a middling pocket pair. How wide a range do we assign to villain's 4-bet?

Maybe on-line player are different but in a live setting I expect villain to be aggressive with 100% of his range and make Hero deal with hard decisions.

Seems to me it is Hero who is going to be making tough choices.

I think being OOP, V has an incentive to 4! hands he would call IP in order to spin up FE and avoid playing a bloated pot OOP.
So I think his 4! range is somewhat "wide" here with AA, KK, QQ, AK perhaps obviously but also AQs - ATs, A5s and some suited connectors like KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs. In game I felt that it was likely that I was ahead of most of V's range here except of course AA, KK, QQ, AQ, KQ so Hero's hand needs some protection.
V also X flop - as the preflop aggressor this check likely weakens his range on this specific board.

Hero bet 1/2 pot and V calls. After the fact I put this in Snowie - Snowie has this as a pure bet at 25% pot.

1667947815892.png

1667947592054.png

1667947674048.png

In any case, the turn pairs the board and V X. Hero?

1667947845582.png

I think being OOP, V has an incentive to 4! hands he would call IP in order to spin up FE and avoid playing a bloated pot OOP.
So I think his 4! range is somewhat "wide" here with AA, KK, QQ, AK perhaps obviously but also AQs - ATs, A5s and some suited connectors like KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs. In game I felt that it was likely that I was ahead of most of V's range here except of course AA, KK, QQ, AQ, KQ so Hero's hand needs some protection.
V also X flop - as the preflop aggressor this check likely weakens his range on this specific board.

Hero bet 1/2 pot and V calls. After the fact I put this in Snowie - Snowie has this as a pure bet at 25% pot.

View attachment 1020487

View attachment 1020483

View attachment 1020486

In any case, the turn pairs the board and V X. Hero?

View attachment 1020488
I see this spot a decent bit, not always in 3 and 4 bet pots, but monotone boards are almost always bet for 1/3 pot or less.

I think the range you're assigning V is too wide - I think something like QQ+, JJ-TT at some frequency, AQo+ (does V jam with AKo at this depth?), KJs/KTs and A5s at some frequency. I think QJs is basically never in range, ATs-AQs, KQs tend to be calls vs 4! especially in this pool.

With that range, you're ahead of AK, KJ/KTs, A5s and all of those are drawing super slim. Only AKo can make a flush here, the others have already made a flush or aren't spades. They're also drawing to fewer outs as you make the flush with some of them.

That being said, I think betting is perfectly fine, although I'd size down to 25p or even smaller. I'd check turn.

Also, I've heard Snowie is sometimes pretty far off of Nash (not sure on this), but I wanted to check it out in GTOWizard.

TT.png

TT is pretty indifferent here, but the majority of your range is checking. Also it's nice to know that 25% or less is ideal, with 10% being the primary choice.
What's more interesting is HJ's choice, which is a pure bet:

TT2.png

Turn is tough. We can either check or shove now, nothing else is worth doing.

I am giving up....check back turn and hope to get our pair to showdown.

The fact that he called your biggish bet on that flop says he has a good hand. I think a spade paralyses him and we can get to showdown. If not, I expect a shove and we will have to fold.

Also, I've heard Snowie is sometimes pretty far off of Nash (not sure on this), but I wanted to check it out in GTOWizard.

View attachment 1020548
TT is pretty indifferent here, but the majority of your range is checking. Also it's nice to know that 25% or less is ideal, with 10% being the primary choice.
What's more interesting is HJ's choice, which is a pure bet:

View attachment 1020549

Yes as the 4-bettor he has the initiative on the flop and I think HJ has a pure bet flop for 25% - 33%. His X here suggests to me that he is not strong so middle of his range and bluffs are still in. When he calls my 1/2 pot bet I believe that he is capped. We remove the 4! bluffs from his range (e.g. A5dd) but he still has middle strength hands. We probably have little to no SDV here after this call as many of his "medium" strength hands (relative to this monotone flop) beat TT at SD. Now the board pairs making it scarier for V.

So how would we attack a capped range on a super scary board when IP ....??

Yes as the 4-bettor he has the initiative on the flop and I think HJ has a pure bet flop for 25% - 33%. His X here suggests to me that he is not strong so middle of his range and bluffs are still in. When he calls my 1/2 pot bet I believe that he is capped. We remove the 4! bluffs from his range (e.g. A5dd) but he still has middle strength hands. We probably have little to no SDV here after this call as many of his "medium" strength hands (relative to this monotone flop) beat TT at SD. Now the board pairs making it scarier for V.

So how would we attack a capped range on a super scary board when IP ....??
I just don't see an overpair folding enough unless you get the fourth spade, and then you have showdown value. As played, if I had AA or KK, I am calling you down. If I had AK with no spade, I fold the flop. If I have AK with a spade, I call a turn shove.

The only hand you really have beat that is not calling you at a decent frequency is JJ.

I would shove all day into AK with a spade ...
I think my line is just so strong and this spot is so underbluffed and the board is pretty scary.
I cant X behind and call a river bet here - so with only less than a pot sized bet left in the eff stack Hero rips it in.
And V folds ... thank goodness. Remember "They always have it." :)
BTW solver does NOT like this jam - wants to X down after the flop call.

1668005100779.png

What hands besides TT/JJ are you playing like this? This screams JJ/TT and AKo w/ spade and thats it. Also, the only hand that should be folding here is JJ no spade, but I besides that, what better hands are folding?

Also, I don't think his range is capped that hard. It would not surprise me if people in the pool play AKss like this.

I would do differently is bet 1/4-1/3 on flop, and X or 1/4 on turn. I find AKo with a spade jams turn ofter if you look like you are placing blocking bets. Turn jam only folds worse hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom