PAHWM: $1/$3 NLHE 66 (1 Viewer)

Stacks:
Old guy: $800
Crazy Asian: $270
New Guy: $250
Button: $150
Hero: $950

OG UTG+1 raises to $20, one call, CA calls, I call with :6c::6h:, button calls, NG calls from BB.

Flop $121 :7c::6d::4s:

NG bets $3, OG raises to $15, one fold, CA shoves for $250, I call, button folds, NG calls all in, OG thinks for about 2 minutes looks like he's ready to fold once or twice then says, "You wouldn't believe my hand." A few moments later he calls.

Turn $1,121 :7d:

OG checks with about $530 left in his stack, I go all in figuring there is a very slim chance he calls and with the pot being enormous that I wanted to protect every shread of equity I have. Plus the old addage of what if an A or K comes on the river and he shoves. I really didn't want to be in that position with

I don't think I even finished saying the word and OG is whooping and hollering yelling call. Didn't even need to see the 77 he had tucked away. On the plus side, despite the fact I was drawing dead, I had a 1/28 chance to take home 40k as the last 6 in the deck would give me a qualified bad beat hand.

Pot: $2,181 :td:
Not exactly the card I had in mind. Plus a few more hands, ran TT into QQ AIPF and called it a day stuck one buy in, but feeling like I lost a lot more. Blah.

For completeness
CA: 85o
NG: 89o

I posted this hand because as I was driving home I kept wondering if I should've just raised the flop to isolate the CA because I'm kept wondering what else is OG calling that I beat on the flop. I'm almost 100% sure if I raise the flop he folds.

If I flat what is his calling range on the flop: obviously 77, maybe 44, and an even slimmer maybe high pocket pairs.

If I raise what's his calling range: Nothing which is why I was convincing myself that was the right play, but not sure if I was being results oriented.

As far as the turn: I think he only calls with 77/44 and let's every other hand go.

OG might lay down top set? With a young aggressor (you), a crazy gambler, and someone who doesn’t know the rules??

Your flop call was fine

Still only the 3rd nuts on this board so I don't blame his hesitation as they are generally nitty. What would've been interesting is if the turn card blanked off, like a 2 or J. Would he have called the 550 barrel that I was firing?

I think the flop call is fine. I also think once you fill up it's just a cooler. The 7 on the turn makes it even less likely that he has 77. It also makes you lose to 67 but I still dont see how you can get away once that 7 hits. If you jam all in on the flop does he find a fold? Maybe but I still think it is very unlikely. Set over set is really just a cooler. Especially once the board pairs.

Still only the 3rd nuts on this board so I don't blame his hesitation as they are generally nitty. What would've been interesting is if the turn card blanked off, like a 2 or J. Would he have called the 550 barrel that I was firing?

I think he can easily call 1/2 pot on any turn that doesn’t put 4-to-a-straight out there

This is a cooler and it will be a long time until you are in a spot remotely this close again.

Don't worry too much about missing a lay down because literally the one combo that beat you happened to be out. This won't happen every year. Worry more about playing well in less flashy spots.

This is a cooler and it will be a long time until you are in a spot remotely this close again.

Don't worry too much about missing a lay down because literally the one combo that beat you happened to be out. This won't happen every year. Worry more about playing well in less flashy spots.

Cooler sucks no doubt, but I don't sweat it. I havent played much of the 1/3 recently as I've been playing PLO and 2/5. This hand reminded me that even in raised pots a lot of these hands go multi way and contain super wide ranges which makes connected middle boards very difficult to play. Just wanted to make sure my thinking is good throughout.

I think the flop call is fine. I also think once you fill up it's just a cooler. The 7 on the turn makes it even less likely that he has 77. It also makes you lose to 67 but I still dont see how you can get away once that 7 hits. If you jam all in on the flop does he find a fold? Maybe but I still think it is very unlikely. Set over set is really just a cooler. Especially once the board pairs.

Losing to 67 crossed my mind, but I didn't believe that's in OG raising range particularly since he was needling me about it after I beat him with that exact hand, raising from that postion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom